• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

d 35 question

stu's jeep's

NAXJA Forum User
is it worth rebuilding or getting a used one i am restoring a old amc project and the rear is loud at all speed's i did front wheel bearing's and a new trans and now i am left with my last noise in the rear it has 106k on it. i went to my local shop and said it will be 8 hr to do a rebuild and $500 labor and $100 for the part so any idea's:mad: :mad:

What year XJ?

Will it be lifted with big tires? Need more info really. The D35 is a plentiful axle with lots of people wanting to ditch it! For less than $500 you could get another D35 easy I would think. I got one recently from a you pull it and paid like $70! Put new axle seals and bearings on the shafts for another $60 - $80. HTH.

Is this for the MJ or the Eagle? Might be cheaper to find another axle.

If they're only talking $100 for parts, it must only need bearings. You could take that on yourself, or I know a couple of people locally you should get quotes from.

Back