• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cylinder Misfire code when floored

Re: TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

Aftermarket but it didn't help. I recently had a motor put in. Not sure if its transmission or engine related. It like the motor falls flat on its face at 65. It's like something is preventing it to shift to the next gear. The transmission isn't doing anything because its not time to shift yet.

Could this be camshaft timing being off. This is a High Performance Motor with a bigger cam ported heads. This motor screams until it hits 65.

Re: Camshaft timing

Yes I have two accounts I couldn't remember my info for the 1993 account. What is a dizzy? Are you talking about the cam position sensor? I am not a mechanic. I didn't put the motor in.

Yes I have two accounts I couldn't remember my info for the 1993 account. What is a dizzy? Are you talking about the cam position sensor? I am not a mechanic. I didn't put the motor in.

Sorry, dizzy is distributor. In the distributor hole on your block should be a cam sensor.

Could this be camshaft timing being off. This is a High Performance Motor with a bigger cam ported heads. This motor screams until it hits 65.

Cam timing wouldn't prevent the trans from kicking out of OD when you floor it.

I can floor my jeep at 70 and I can get up to 95 and then I let off. I don't think its a fuel problem.

I don't think that is a cam timing issue.

What does it do if you shift it manually? Put it into 1/2 and floor it. Let it shift through first into second. When you get over 4k, then push the shifter into 3rd.

Do this and tell us what happens.

Well when I floor it at 70 I have had it up to 95. I wouldn't think it would run that fast if it had fuel starvation.

The trans won't go into 3rd it kicks out of Overdrive and shifts to second when I floor it. Won't go past 4500 RPM

70 to 95 does not require the fuel volume that the second gear @4500 rpm requires to gain the MAP required for an upshift.

While working at the GMC dealer back in the day I cured many a "my truck won't shift, the transmission is bad" complaints with a fuel filter. They would subsequently need a fuel pump replacement a few weeks later as well, as the strain the pump was under ruined it.
They had the very same symptoms... hold the pedal down, and the engine just hung there, revving but not gaining speed, until you let up and let it shift up, then it was fine, or seemed fine from there up to whatever speed until you needed to downshift for a hill or whatever, and it would do it all over again.

Won't hurt to put a gauge on it or do a volume test.

Back