• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cylinder 1 misfire

Kejtar,
Pm me your e-mail and I'll send you the bulletin in pdf. I'm at work so it will have to wait 'till i get home.

and direction doesn't matter just remember to put the cyl you are working on @ TDC ;)

Just for the reference library. - (+Joe's pay forward :) )

......from long ago....

...long clean cotton rope---
pull sparkplug..with piston down a ways, put part of rope into the cylinder to fill the space,(part of rope hanging out for handle to remove rope later-lol), then raise piston to hold valves up.

--Do valve repairs--

Back down piston, remove rope, return sparkplug. .....continue on.

Regards,
Orange

Just for the reference library. - (+Joe's pay forward :) )

......from long ago....

...long clean cotton rope---
pull sparkplug..with piston down a ways, put part of rope into the cylinder to fill the space,(part of rope hanging out for handle to remove rope later-lol), then raise piston to hold valves up.

--Do valve repairs--

Back down piston, remove rope, return sparkplug. .....continue on.

Regards,
Orange

I would suppose this would work as long as you dont run the piston up to the point that it binds the valve to the seat.

Since you just changed the plugs, this is probably a moot suggestion, but reading the plugs is the first thing any old time shade tree mechanic would do. It will tell you more about what is happening in the cylinder than just about anything.

Since you just changed the plugs, this is probably a moot suggestion, but reading the plugs is the first thing any old time shade tree mechanic would do. It will tell you more about what is happening in the cylinder than just about anything.

I tried doing that but what's extremely confusing to me is that 1, 2 and 3 look very similar in "wear and dirt"....

Back