• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cut Lower Rear Quarters...(pics and write-up)

I'm building my bumper like the one above but extended further out, maybe 1" and then putting the receiver in the middle of the bumper. I do not need a hitch on a trail rig so the receiver will be for a recovery shackle only.

Nice work on that bumper though, very simple yet effective design.

I bought a jeep that has had the cut and fold AND the folded rear wheel well seam which seperated the inner and outer fender line and was seam sealed back up.

I've been considering getting some 1/8"-3/16" steel plate to weld flat that rear corner and some very thick sheet metal to bring the inner fender and body line back together, MIG'd.

The reason I'm planning this is due to the large quantities of mud and water I pulled out of those back corners recently from normal driving.... unacceptable.

Thoughts?

I bought a jeep that has had the cut and fold AND the folded rear wheel well seam which seperated the inner and outer fender line and was seam sealed back up.

I've been considering getting some 1/8"-3/16" steel plate to weld flat that rear corner and some very thick sheet metal to bring the inner fender and body line back together, MIG'd.

The reason I'm planning this is due to the large quantities of mud and water I pulled out of those back corners recently from normal driving.... unacceptable.

Thoughts?
you could just as easily rivet and seal the rear areas using calking or RTV.... and i am a welder fabricator... plating will just add weight but hey, do what you want

I'm guessing I'll have to post pictures... the part where the inner fender and out body metal connects to the cut and fold job has left holes requiring LARGE quantities of goop to seal up. And it's already been riveted.

Back