• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom Mountain Bike- KHS/Marzocchi Bomber

CumminsJeep

NAXJA Forum User
I built this bike when I was in high school to fit me when I was in high school. It was definitely a good bike in its time and I spent a ton of money on it when I built it. It has barely been ridden in the past couple years but was always in the garage. It is light as hell and I used to rip on it. It is in pretty good working order and really doesnt need anything besides a set of tires and a cable housing. It needs to be washed too but I can do that and needs some shifter tuning.

here is a list of everything that is on it:

KHS Alite 4000 Frame- 17"
Marzocchi Bomber Z2 Atom 80
Shimano XT Shifter/Levers
Shimano XT Front Deraileur
Shimano XTR Rear Deraileur
Wheels: Shimano XT Hubs on Black Mavic 517 Rims- Blue Nipples
Shimano XT Cassette
Shimano XT Bottom Bracket
Shimano LX Hollowtech Crank
Shimano SPD pedals
Answer Pro Taper Bar
KORE Stem
Ringle Head Set
Avid Arch Rival Brakes
Yeti Lock Jaw Grips
Rock Shox Seat Post
Kevlar Seat- I forget the brand, I have to find it.
SRAM Chain

Pretty sure that is it. I really dont know what this thing is worth since it is older but it is definitely a nice bike. Im going to start it at $300obo because I dont know what it is worth. If anyone has any input on it, help me out.

1023001304.jpg

1023001304a.jpg

1023001304b.jpg

1023001304c.jpg

If the wheels stay true, the fork has no play in the bushings and doesn't leak, shifters aren't worn out, that bike is worth $300 all day long. If the chain & cassette are worn out, you're looking at having to put $50-100 worth of parts into it. Hard to tell from the pics whether or not they would need replacement. The parts on this bike were really top of the line circa early 2k's.

I hope that helped your case - Good luck with the sale.

If the wheels stay true, the fork has no play in the bushings and doesn't leak, shifters aren't worn out, that bike is worth $300 all day long. If the chain & cassette are worn out, you're looking at having to put $50-100 worth of parts into it. Hard to tell from the pics whether or not they would need replacement. The parts on this bike were really top of the line circa early 2k's.

I hope that helped your case - Good luck with the sale.

Yea these were very good parts when i built the bike. and the shifters/levers/handlebar/stem/cassete/chain were all bought on id say the last year i rode the bike on a regular basis. it just needs some adjustment. and there is no play in the stem at all either. These parts are all in good shape. It does have a "creak" coming from the bottom bracket but it has been like that a long time and i have never had a problem. Im 6'1" 225 so obviously it is bigger person friendly.

bump

Back