• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom D60 build some questions

moparcyco

NAXJA Forum User
I think I may have scored the deal of the week as I just purchased a front tera 60 with a never installed new ARB, teraflex inner c's kingpin knuckles and junkyard outer components no axles.The rear is also a tera 60 with a new Detroit 14 bolt outers and disc brake conversion.These are brand new never been assembled.$2000 for everthing

1.probably the most important what is the optimal "legalish" width?Don't want full width as I drive this to most trails.Also a little extra width for the drivers side so the coil buckets will fit.I was thinking jk wms as they are at 65.375 and as I have to get new wheels use a little offset to tuck the wheels back in.Thoughts?Anything better? this is a blank slate.

2.Steering,I love my wj steering I currently have.Whats the "hot"setup here?crossover inverted t etc.it will get some kind of hydro assist.I have a psc box.Any opinions are welcome.

Just wondering how those of you who have 60's built them or if this was you how would you build these for a xj that sees a lot of on and offroad miles.Thanks guys

Jk width isn't really that far from 'full width'. You will get lots of opinions on this, and it really just depends on you and your trails. I say either go stock width, or no more than jk width

As far as steering goes, you said you've got king pin's so just grab some high steer arms and you'll have just as good of steering as your wj setup. Don't do any sort of y link etc, just normal cross over steering. 2 separate links, and hydro assist is a very very good idea!

You are one lucky sob! I wish I could find axle deals like that!!! I'd love to have the old school Tera 60

Even a full width setup with something like H1 or H2 rims won't make it too much wider then stock axles with decent size tires/backspacing. My 1tons are 64.5" & 63.5" wide, looking back I woulda just left them full width.

Yup. Leave them full width and get some wheels with stock backspacing (i.e. 5+")

This gives you a good scrub radius and keeps the width tight.

If he's going to drive on the road, full width even with 5" backspace wheels is gonna look ruh-tarded.

Do you have any fender flare/tore stick out laws in Idaho?

If he's going to drive on the road, full width even with 5" backspace wheels is gonna look ruh-tarded.

they are pretty lax here if you don't get to crazy or drive like an idiot.We don't even have vehicle inspections here.But I live right on the Utah-Idaho border so I am driving there a lot and don't want to get hassled.

I agree 5" might be just a little more offset than I wan't to go don't want the hubs getting rock rash.full width just won't work for where I drive this most of the time on or offroad.Thanks for the input just want to get started so I can have it ready for fall fling.

5" won't destroy your hubs, at least not with drive flanges, I suppose manual hubs may be a little more vulnerable but probably not much...

Full width (though the D60-ISU is a bit narrower) with H2 wheels looks pretty much the same width as stock axles with lots of backspacing.

C7EEMGx.jpg

Damn, nice Xj! I like the cage!

Back