• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Currie rear sway bar ?

1-tonxj

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Been kicking around ideas from keeping the coil and shock set up to ORI struts...my xj weighs 5800lbs only has a stock 4.0 and lives in low range this could change later on with a v8 , but I may never bother with that on a crawler for Colorado...Anywho the area I want to imrprove on is body roll under big flex this is mostly a weight transfer thing when front is up on something , so I would think a rear Currie Antirock would do the job for me . The suspension is pretty behaved I have drivwn it at 60 on road and never had an issue and it has never run sway control...limits...ir bump stops , so it functions well but needs the polishing to get the most from it .

I could just wait and do all 4 corners with ORI struts , but for a slow only rig I think they may be more than I need ...but anyone with linked xj experiwnce who has run a rear sway after not running one feel free to chime in .

LOL..nevernind the Antirock is off the table I will be staying with the plan for 16 struts ...they just offer too much performance offroad to cheap out and keep coil and shocks .

I had an anti rock on the zj rear.

Yeah I was going to put one on the rear my suspension behaves pretty well but was looking to eliminate the bit of roll when off camber...but if I put $400 into that it is $400 towards struts ...so I can live with coils until I get everything else done then just do the struts...lol...besides when I do unload it more folks will buy a rig on ori struts than regular coils on a pure trail rig ...and I want the bit of bling .

Back