• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Current good fuel pump brand.

Unclewolverine

NAXJA Forum User
Well it's time for a fuel pump on my 95, it didn't start, hit the tank with a hammer, fired right up. I've seen many threads about bad quality pumps, what's a good brand currently? My gauge works perfectly so I don't want replace the whole sending unit, just the pump will be fine.

Bosch was my choice, but that was about 10 years ago.

Everything is a roll of the dice anymore.

Bosch all the way!

Well, it went out before I had a chance to order a bosch. So I was stuck with whatever no name autozone happened to have in stock. At least it has a lifetime warranty. I just hope next time it goes out it's not just after I filled it up. I'm going to snell like gas for weeks!

I'd wonder about wiring in one of the performance brands, say an Aeromotive. On my 2000 and 2001, I have the Boostwerks kit for this. It would be different for your '95. Still, I think a possibility of using your old fuel pump frame and possibly adding in an adjustable fuel pressure or use the stock fuel pressure regulator.

Back