• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

crossover steering and wandering at high speed

I understand that when the tires break loose, but under normal light driving conditions, I don't see why it'd throw me around on the road.
Like, under normal people acceleration or when I let off the gas, I have to be ready to compensate at the steering wheel or I'll be in the ditch or through the meridian. I've never had this problem with any of my other 5 or 6 XJ's. It started sometime after either the crossover steering, or the lockers as far as I remember.

I thought for the longest time that it was rear steer caused by dog-tailing due to the front axle moving left when the front end comes up (due to track bar) causing me to go left (as the rear axle is then a bit right of the front) and vice versa, but my track bar is pretty near flat and I've seen much sillyer track bar angles on XJ's that track just fine.

Back