• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

crappy crown RHD drag link replacement

garr

NAXJA Forum User
I have to replace the RHD drag link (Crown p/n 52088512) I used on my WJ brake/steering conversion for the 2nd time, is there a better made part available out there.
Is it feasible to take a moog rod end & heat & bend it into the proper shape?
Will it be safe? Will the heat weaken the metal?
Thanks
Frank

It would weaken the metal. You might have to go after market that will work with RHD.

Pretty sure that Carquest/AAP and probably Napa have a RHD draglink TRE. Most likely something they will have to order. Otherwise, if still available.. OEM replacement from Chryco.

What Pitman arm and TRE are you running on that side?

Ditch the WJ draglink and go with a Chevy 1ton draglink. The WJ ends don't have as much misalignment and bind too. That was the only thing I wish I did different when I had mine.

Know way to know if heating will weaken without knowing what the base metal is. If ifs low carbon mild steel it will not hurt it.

Pretty sure that Carquest/AAP and probably Napa have a RHD draglink TRE. Most likely something they will have to order. Otherwise, if still available.. OEM replacement from Chryco.

What Pitman arm and TRE are you running on that side?

A waggy pitman arm, A standard WJ TRE @ the pitman, the RHD TRE at the axle, I picked up the waggy arm @ the JY, its a little longer than stock.
I almost forgot, I'm using the JKS tie rod & link.

Back