• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cranks but won't start (I'm so sorry for posting this!)

Ok, for all future searchers here was my solution>

After all of the above, I replaced the CPS AGAIN, figuring I possibly melted the wires (It was close to the exhaust header). Modified the top mounting hole, received 0.8 VAC or more now from the CPS.

Next, I found the Pinouts for the ECM to CPS (D1 and C1) and removed the wire from the ECM connector. Soldered the ECM ends of the wires to a new set of 14gauge wire I ran from a new connector on the CPS (I used a 2 wire trailer wire connector) and soldered that on to the CPS end of things. So my CPS connector is now a 2 wire weatherproof connector, connected to BRAND NEW WIRE heading straight to the ECM through a new hole in the firewall. No more old wire in the harness involved, JUST IN CASE.

Still no spark.

I had the ICM tested, it tested OK. I had 2 Coils. Neither worked, and had similar OHM resistance values. I started tracing back from the ICM to ECM thinking the signal wire was broken. Got frustrated not finding anything bad a few feet back from the ECM and called Napa and Autozone to see if they could test the ICM and give me a second opinion. Neither could, but napa had a $56 ICM, so I just took a chance on it...

Ignition Control Module was bad. Replaced with new ICM and I'm back on the road!

Thanks to you guys in this thread and the others in my other thread! Hope to get it solid and then make it trail ready within the next few weeks! I'll post pics

Back