• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crank Position Sensor removal????

sweetjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Hey folks.

I have decided that I probably need to swap my CPS on my 99 Cherokee..

Now.. in an effort to get it off I've come to the conclusion that I have to perform some sort of vodoo magic.. anyone have access to that spell for me?!

Thanks!

Easiest way I've found so far is two and a half to three feet of extensions and an 11m/m socket with inbuilt universal joint. Access from below.

I got lucky a few years back and found a 36" 3/8" drive ratchet extension for $10. Make the job so much easier...

An extra set of tiny hands to help guide the socket and hold it will make it a 15 minute job. I used my girlfriends hands (attached to body), she got dirty and I didnt.

I found it helps to remove the front driveshaft, and use masking tape to hold the bolts in the socket to get them started.

Runnin'OnEmpty said:
I found it helps to remove the front driveshaft, and use masking tape to hold the bolts in the socket to get them started.
I found a set of rubber inserts for my sockets that have a small magnet built into the rubber. I think they came from Harbor Freight.

Back