• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crank crank crank crank crank vroom

hey i am not saying for sure its the cps... all i am saying is a check valve would let fuel run back but the pump pressurizes the system befor e you start it that is why there is a relay on the fuel pump to load the fuel rail...
if you turn the key and wait till its loaded does it still start the same as if you dont let it load
from what i have read the answer was yes
so you turn it over a few times then stop then start again and it fires right up?
wouldnt the cps read those first cranks also and know where the engine is at that time
and i think the fuel pump has the check valve in it i am not sure on your year
so all i was tryin to do was give another point of view good luck

xjpheonix said:
if you turn the key and wait till its loaded does it still start the same as if you dont let it load

yes - still takes long

xjpheonix said:
so you turn it over a few times then stop then start again and it fires right up?

not right away, but definetely faster than if I didn't

xjphoenix said:
wouldnt the cps read those first cranks also and know where the engine is at that time
and i think the fuel pump has the check valve in it i am not sure on your year
so all i was tryin to do was give another point of view good luck

Not too familiar w/ the CPS and it's functioning. I guess it would read the first few cranks - maybe it "resets" it or repositions itself properly from those first few cranks and lets it crank faster the second time. I do believe the check valve is internal on the fuel pump which is why I wanted to add an external one by the fuel filter. Sounds a lot easier than dropping the tank and replacing a fuel pump. Of course I don't want to cut my fuel line and mess with it if I don't have to.

if your going to replace the fuel pump i have found it easier to cut a nice sqare hole right above it and then seal it back up good so the fumes dont get in ..
so if you let the system load it takes the same amount of thime as if you dont .? right? so in my head i am thinkin " ok fuel has to be at the injectors by now because i have let the system laod" if it still hardstarts then i would approach it from a different angle... the next thought would by what tells the engine to fire and when? that is my thinking
let me know what you find out

BMW Fuel Pressure Check Valve pn

I had this in a file (sorry I don't know the author):
"Fuel Check Valve Source
The BMW fuel check valve part number 16 14 9 068 988 fits between the filter and the fuel rail since its connections match this section of fuel hose. I installed one a couple days ago and it works fine. The unit comes with about a foot of 8mmx13mm fuel line, hose clamps, insulation and plastic nut covers for $3-5. It is necessary to make room for the valve, but that is not hard. Call a dealer and order one, or it may be in stock."

Speed_racer said:
If for whatever reason you have a base model, they use a smaller amp alternator, i upgraded mine to the one in the laredo models, and believe it or not, it did make a difference.
Nope got 2 Laredo's 1 is an 85 though.

post_new.gif
10 Hours Ago
4xBob
user_offline.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_982961", true);
NAXJA Forum User

BMW Fuel Pressure Check Valve pn
"Fuel Check Valve Source
The BMW fuel check valve part number 16 14 9 068 988 fits between the filter and the fuel rail since its connections match this section of fuel hose. I installed one a couple days ago and it works fine. The unit comes with about a foot of 8mmx13mm fuel line, hose clamps, insulation and plastic nut covers for $3-5. It is necessary to make room for the valve, but that is not hard. Call a dealer and order one, or it may be in stock."
4xBobView Public ProfileSend a private message to 4xBobFind all posts by 4xBobAdd 4xBob to Your Buddy List
HOw the hell did this thread get mixed up in to the vroom vroom thread?

Re: BMW Fuel Pressure Check Valve pn

4xBob said:
"Fuel Check Valve Source

Thanks 4xBob! I was looking all over the forums for info on this check valve. I'll order is ASAP and give it a try. Thanks again for the information.

Back