• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CORBEAU SEATS

JarheadJon

NAXJA Forum User
Just installed new seats. Corbeau GTSIIs. Just in case some one out there wanted to know or is planning on replacing seats, I cartainly am pleased with my seats. Total straight forward, 2 hour job. All I needded for my Jeep was a Torx T-40 for the seat belt bolt, 13mm ratchet/socket fo 3 of the 4 bolts going into the floor. The 4th one is a 18mm nut. An allen key came with the seats to attach them to the brackets.

I got them at Dave Turners Motorsports in San Diego.

Pro's:
COMFORT,COMFORT, COMFORT. Firm & supportive, and best of all, inflatable lumbar support.
Brackets are so much better. Way beefy, not the cheap stamped OEM stuff.
Bolted up perfectly to my 97 W/O slotting or cutting.
More room under seats, easier access (to clean, stow, or hide stuff).
Map pockets

Con's;
Not for me, but may be an issue for tall guys; I believe they sit about 1.5" further forward, and maybe .5" higher. It took no time to get used to that though, and wouldnt dare trade them back to get those inches back!
The color is about 2 shades warmer than the Jeep medGrey interior. I will llikely visit an upholstry shop to see about tinting them.

Pics at http://homepage.mac.com/jonchandler/PhotoAlbum1.html
Ill fix the sideways shot ASAP.... An Ill move it all to an XJ file so yall dont have to view non related pics..

Jon

97, Lift purchased (DPG RE/OME hybrid), goes on next month. Trimming complete, bumpers, armour, rack, gears.... all purchased. Waiting on Tires to come in off of national backorder. Hohummm.

Yup...

Corbeau's are nice....

my kid likes them too.

mechasst.jpg

Hey Jon, Thanks for the seat info, and the pics. More important Thank You for your service. May God keep you and the rest of our troops safe as you protect us, and make the world a safer place

Pottenger, Thankyou.

I got the seats new out the door for $850 with brackets. May seem like alot... Its more when its your money, lol. But, I can not overstate what an improvement. About the comment on thigh and back support; the seats are obviously not as aggressive as some "racing" seats or even some dedicated 4X4 buckets. Its a touring seat. And I have already spent a long trip in the saddle on them. I am very pleased, understanding that comfort is relative. They are firmer than the set i sat in at Dave Turners as the one in the shop were "Broken-in" a little. I am eager to log more miles in them. It is my daily driver, and as a result of my chosen profession, I have driven across country a few times in her. My next cross country venture is in May, headed home to Ga and Fla. In my newly lifted XJ, oh-boy I cant wait. I'm taking the Outlaw Trail
on the wa East, a minir detour.

Yeah 0369.... I was an 0311, and Fallujah is where I got shot and fragged a few times (2wice each), Nov 13 '04.

Very nice seats. I like them. On a side note, can you tell me what guages you have in your guage pod? Where'd you get the pod, etc? Thanks, I've been thinking aobut doing it later on.

Summit
Dual Gage pod Part # ATM 15210
Gauge Pod Part # 15211
The prices are on a different invoice that I didnt keep, but figure $19 and $22, + or-.

The Gauges are Nordskog. I got them because they are American Made (just like the Corbeau's). The gauges are made right here in SoCal (I got them direct), and they provide great cusomer service. From bottom to top; Air (ambient), Coolant (I wanted something more precise than our OEM trash), and Transmission. The gauges are reasonably priced and can be had through Summit as well. I like the digital, and green can be seen even in full sun shining on the face.

The air temp gauge comes with a temp sensor (lug ring type), and youll need their temp sensor for the liquid temps. I am very pleased and feel very confident in their accuracy.

Jon

Back