• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cops are circling my block!

Mutant_Xj

NAXJA Forum User
About 5 minutes ago a gun shot woke me and my wife up, and aparently most of the neighborhood. The cops are driving around the block with the spot lights looking for someone. I'm freaked out this is a small town with no big problems and I don't have a gun. There are three cruisers in front of my house right now.

Hope nothing bad goes down(anything else, I guess) Doors all locked?

And people ask me why I have all this hardware laying around.

I think I might!
Don't just get a gun. Learn to shoot. Goes for the wife and anyone else in the house too.

If it's ONLY for home protection, before you choose/buy, get and read "In the gravest extreme" by Massad Ayoob. There are things you need to know that don't get talked about enough.

Yea, definetly learn to shoot. Too many people can get into a panic, and if they dont know how to use a gun right, the wrong person might end up dead.

You have the cops every where, so I am sure you will be fine!

Two cops are back, looking again. I stopped freaking out shortly after I posted the first post now I have the left over adrenaline keeping me up. The f***ed up thing is I want to go outside so bad for a cigarette and ask the cops whats up but I know I'll probably get a ration of s*** for going outside.

Try living south of DC. My wife and I watch the news and there is at least one shooting/one killed per month.

I live a little north of downtown Atlanta, literally right next to gov't subsidized housing. My neighbors and I will be outgunned by NO ONE except for maybe the armed forces. I don't remember the exact statistics but there are humongous amounts of carjackings and murders, especially in my area.

Back