• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Copperhead fabrication "rock ring" install

Ive got copperhead fab rim stiffeners installed on my cragar soft 8s as well. Where i wheel, id say just about everytime i go out, someone bends a rim, sometimes you can just bang it back with a hammer, other times, not so lucky.

The reasons i chose to do mine, they look pretty badass (imo), and i have yet to even come close to bending an outer lip.

If i could go back in time and do it all over again, i wouldnt buy from copperhead fab. After i placed my order, it didnt ship for like 3+ weeks, and during those 3 weeks, i didnt get a single call or email back. Turns out they were in mexico for some race. On top of all that it looks the plasma cutter they used needed a new contact tip because it didnt cut straight through, it cut on all weird angles and shit.

Agreed! Same issue for me except I got mine in 10 days but cut weird and slag left on it

heres my view on alum. rim... Aluminum is a soft material. I have had issues with lug nuts backing out on aluminum rims on my rig before when going fast and then hitting a puddle then fast then puddle.. Now with steel you dont have to worry about the metal expanding and contracting as drastically as alum. Also in the rocks i have witnessed alum rims get gouged to hell and start leaking air. Yes that can happen on steel as well but takes a lot more abuse to do so.

Id take the weight of steel over alum any day. Plus add these rings and you have a pretty damn strong rim. Now i agree with the person who posted about going with a bigger pattern on them to allow the dirt and mud and water to run out of them and not get stuck in them.

Quality aluminum rims are just as strong as steel rims. Add a good beadlock ring and you are going to have a lighter stronger combo.

and more expensive

Yes, but it depends on what you want. I wouldn't put a heavy steel rim on a race rig. Just like I wouldn't use a cheap street alum one.

Gotta pay to play.

the steel rims with stiffeners are fine for weekend wheelers. Not something I would spend the money on for my jeep, but I've dragged the hell out of my alum rims with no rings and not had issue.

Yes, but it depends on what you want. I wouldn't put a heavy steel rim on a race rig. Just like I wouldn't use a cheap street alum one.

Gotta pay to play.

the steel rims with stiffeners are fine for weekend wheelers. Not something I would spend the money on for my jeep, but I've dragged the hell out of my alum rims with no rings and not had issue.

Have you tried runnin steel wheels with rock rings? How can you knock a product you haven't tried yet?

i've seen way more failed steel rims than aluminum. and many times the center of the rims tweak, causing a wobble. nothing that a rock ring will help.

Have you tried runnin steel wheels with rock rings? How can you knock a product you haven't tried yet?

Where the **** did I knock the product?

Learn to read.

Actually, at goatfest, john had rebar stiffeners on his wheels. I thought they were pretty awesome.

Then again, they were H1s... Which are the only steel I would ever consider running.

Last edited:
Back