• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cooling

You'll need a newer style radiator with cap, an overflow tank, heater hoses, and the open system heater control valve. That's what I had done at first, but later on I swapped the heater hoses from a 99+ which eliminates the control valve and it looks much cleaner. If you do a Google search there are probably dozens of write-ups on it. It is pretty straight forward.

as an alternative to the open radiator, you can splice one of these into your upper radiator hose.

Its from a dodge Durango.
th

The only be if it I had from doing it on my 90 was I don't have to replace the pressurized plastic overflow tank every summer then it or the lid cracked in the desert heat. No extra cooling was gained.

I've done more than one.

buy a 91 radiator. It will have the bung you need to install the renix fan switch.
just use regular heater hose for the heater core, you don't need the molded ones. I believe it's 5/8ths and 3/4. Yes, they are two different sizes. I always leave out the heater control valve, but I don't live somewhere that it's 100+ in the summer.
There's a generic coolant bottle at autozone, it's like 10 dollars. t fits very nicely between the airbox and the inner fender. Comes with a bracket, three self tappers right into the fender like the washer bottle and you're done.
Don't forget to remove and cap the vacuum line that went to the HCV if you delete it.
There may be some interference between the airbox and the filler neck. Slot the holes in the bottom of the airbox a touch with a dremel and slide it back a 1/4"

I have done it to all of my renix junk. Not only does it make bleeding the system far easier, you're replacing parts not normally stocked in a parts store with ones that are, so if you're traveling or wheeling and you pop a radiator you go get one. You don't have to wait a day for it to show up.

Last edited:
Back