• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Convert to 1330 size joints?

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
Seems like no matter what I do, I blow front drive lines.. Three times this year, right at the diff, at first it was the strap and bolt kit, then it took out the yoke, So I upgraded to a U-Bolt style.. Now I'm sitting here with half a trunion(sp?). Bolted tightly to the yoke as the joint broke in half..

What should I do? HP30 & 231J.

Someone advised it could be bad angles.. I'm stumped on that..

Are you using actaul Spicer joints? I've spit out parts store version easy but never a Spicer. Also, a 1330 isn't that much of an upgrade, it still has the same size caps just a little wider trunion. 1310's also allow more operating angle and there's many people that have no problems with them on 1tons and big tires.

seriously? you shouldnt be busting a 1310. its prob something with your angles.

im running a 1310 up front with a 60 and have zero issues and thats with autozone junk!

I think you all have answered the question exactly how I expected..

It's angles

I think you all have answered the question exactly how I expected..

It's angles
If you're accustomed to launching your XJ like in your sig pic then it is probably shock to the driveline as you land. Try shifting into neutral as you are in the air and that should help relieve some of the shock on the driveline.

Back