• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

conceal carry passes in illinois!!!!!!!!!!!

The finer points don't exist yet. The legislature dumped everything into the state police's lap after they passed the bill. Honestly, I think everyone downstate expected the court to agree to re-hear the case and delay it out longer.

At this point this is all the ISP has said on being an instructor...
A person seeking to become a certified Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor shall:

Be at least 21 years of age
Be a legal resident of the United States and qualified for a Concealed Carry License in Illinois
Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
Have at least one of the following valid firearms instructor certifications:
Certification from a law enforcement agency
Certification from a firearm instructor course offered by a state or federal governmental agency
Certification from a firearm instructor course offered by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board
Certification from an entity approved by the Illinois State Police that offers firearm instructor education and training in the use and safety of firearms

But they also said they will start the state registry of approved trainers on Sept. 9th, 2013, so they will need to define some of the pieces pretty quickly.

That's good to know. I guess I'll know whether or not I will ever be able to get an IL CCL sooner or later.

I would think most other states would honor an IL permit. Good motivation. Other than that, I'm just glad I don't have to lock my pistol up on my trips to and from home anymore.

The finer points don't exist yet. The legislature dumped everything into the state police's lap after they passed the bill. Honestly, I think everyone downstate expected the court to agree to re-hear the case and delay it out longer.

At this point this is all the ISP has said on being an instructor...
A person seeking to become a certified Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor shall:

Be at least 21 years of age
Be a legal resident of the United States and qualified for a Concealed Carry License in Illinois
Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
Have at least one of the following valid firearms instructor certifications:
Certification from a law enforcement agency
Certification from a firearm instructor course offered by a state or federal governmental agency
Certification from a firearm instructor course offered by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board
Certification from an entity approved by the Illinois State Police that offers firearm instructor education and training in the use and safety of firearms

But they also said they will start the state registry of approved trainers on Sept. 9th, 2013, so they will need to define some of the pieces pretty quickly.

Todd vandermyde has been saying over and over, that the last qualifier means "NRA Certified Instructor" and the pistol module should be all that is needed.

When they wrote that passage, for whatever reason either decided not to, or couldn't include "nra certified"

we have politicians who are or say they are 2A friendly, but bring the NRA up and they turn on their heels.

it was better to leave that one lay.

If nra cert inst pistol qualifies there will be no problem getting seat time.

there are so many of us in illinois.

if they demand PPOTH (personal protection outside the home) we're all screwed.

you guys will be screwed because fewer of us have that module
we will be screwed because it will be hard for us to get that module becuase there are so very few who can endorse it.

there would be a huge bottle neck for trainers, and for the trainers of trainers.

-bj

I know Vandermyde has been saying this repeatedly. But he has a vested interest is doing that. He gets to maintain the NRA's rep. Maybe sell a few more memberships, maybe get a few more people to pay for Basic Pistol class packages. Until something comes out of Director Grau's office its just more NRA propaganda. Rep. Demmer's office still says nothing has been decided by the legislature on the issue.

Yep

Working on it

My illinois carry people have curic covered and i already submitted electronic data and app

I have to send my signed and notarized release and wait for approval

getting closer.

the ISP online application went live today.

Instructors are beta testers.

I got 90-percent of the way, and need to contact ISP tomorrow and report my individual snag.

but they're making good progress, and it looks like they'll actually have something working by jan 5th.

you illinois guys who are interested should sign up for a class asap.

you don't have to wait for jan 5th.

Just took the class Sunday (1/19). Application # 358xx.

JIM.

Just took the class Sunday (1/19). Application # 358xx.

JIM.

I'm #40x

and my app is still under review.

I was able to apply early as part of a beta test, and mine is hung up

I heard dart is not letting any early approvals.

your county sherrifs have 30 days to deny or approve.

no sherrif is under any obligation to approve early.

some will let the apps go all 30 days.

Do you know how many were involved in the beta testing?

Approved.

JIM.

Back