• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Comp cutting rear quarters???

_MURDERED OUT_

NAXJA Forum User
Im wanting to comp cut my rear quarters after moving my axle back and doing the cut and fold method. The lower quarter chop just isnt cutting it, im trying to find some pics of how folks extend the rear fenders out or whatever. Ive done some searching and seen a few recent attempts but not exactly comp cut.

Just cut em off, I started to do the comp cut thing, and got carried away with the sawzall/grinder, about 30 minutes into it all my fenders were at my feet.

Ramsey said:
Just cut em off, I started to do the comp cut thing, and got carried away with the sawzall/grinder, about 30 minutes into it all my fenders were at my feet.

Should have used a new blade, that should have only taken 10 minutes....

Probably more than you want to cut.... but here is where I'm at right now:

SideProfile1.jpg

:D

In all seriousness, if you're going to keep it road driven there are really only a few ways to do it without opening up to much of the body. Of course, depends on how much you care about its road duties.
Ramsey said:
Pretty much what happened to me. The original plan was only to move the hatch forward and to keep most of the body so that it looked factory. Then I decided I didn't care anymore and just hacked 95% of it off to what you see above. I think I'm going to keep what’s left to maintain a little of the body lines... we'll see.

Similar to RCman, except I went a little higher and took out about half the fuel door.

n24800499_31139706_1223.jpg

and how it finishes at the back:

n24800499_31139705_898.jpg

It's a lot of cutting, but you can keep it enclosed inside pretty easily.

BRIANHO13 said:
Should have used a new blade, that should have only taken 10 minutes....
Could have, but I was still trying to figure out how to do it without taking it all off, can't just unzip and get it done...hell might get bloody.

vetteboy said:
Similar to RCman, except I went a little higher and took out about half the fuel door.
I'll admit... one of the reasons it got cut the way it did is because I liked how yours looks. :shhh:

I may end up taking off more, I'll have to see what the wheel clears and what it doesn't. As of now, I'm planning to finish taking off the holes where the flare mounted and bringing it back from there. That should put me right at the bottom of the fuel door.

I know some dood who did this mod -
stp82718.jpg

stp82719.jpg

stp82749.jpg

I will likely be tubing the wheel openings like that on mine soon. I caught the back edge of the rear door opening pretty good last weekend, and the results weren't good. :(

now that i see the cut all the way back im thinking i want to just cut to the fuel door and then start curving down. I think that will be enough room for my tire to move around and then i got to fab up some sort of bumpstops for the rear... I just hate dealing with sheetmetal cuz its hard for me to weld cuz im inexperienced at it.

Back