• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Comanche MJ build thread.

Some pics of junk I got done a while back, but wanted them included in this thread.

ShortendFrame.jpg

Cut the frame and bumper junk to the shackle mount, then remade the mount.

Closeupshackle.jpg

Close view of what I did.

bumperbracket.jpg

Front Bumper bracket, took off the old junk, added 1/2 x 5 all the way back, then added 3 more bolts, same thing on the passenger side, but tapped so the steering box bolts screw directly into it.

Gene MJ

Last night and a couple hours this morning worth of work.

DSC00751.jpg

Beginnings of a bed last night.

DSC00767.jpg

Floor in this morning.

DSC00770.jpg

Fork truck holding it in what should be its stance.

DSC00758.jpg

Ran out of 11g. sheet. I'll probably finish the bed on Tuesday when I can get mroe sheet delivered.

Gene MJ

I knew that was coming from someone.

For a while the truck was traveling to and from work with me daily, living its life on a trailer. I had to do something temporary to keep the thing from flying allover the trailer. At first I liked having them there, they don't hang down below the axle and they are fairly compact. They tuck a 38 as far as I would want it to go, and they drop far enough to max out the leaf.

At this time the steering is not finished and the d44 has the chevy rear steer boomerang looking arm attached that covers up the part of the axle where i want to mount the bottom of the shock. As soon as I get that out of the way, i'll go back to the factory front body mounts, and locate the bottom of the shock directly on top of the axle housing. Then the current location of the shock will serve as a mount for the limiting strap.

Gene

Another minor update.

Updating this thread helps keep me motivated. So here you go.

Hopefully have everything done on the bed by tuesday.

DSC00786.jpg

DSC00791.jpg

DSC00773.jpg

[motivation]
Very nice Gene! I'd love to have a rig like that thing! You're doing a hell of a job! You da man!
[/motivation]

I think it looks like ass. I'd sell it give it away, just so I didn't have to look at it anymore.

:illegalflipoffsmilie:

Hale

Ha, in all seriousness, that thing is really sweet Geno.

You gonna put sheet metal on the outside too?

I vote flat black for the whole rig.:thumbup:

Haleyes said:
You gonna put sheet metal on the outside too?

I vote flat black for the whole rig.:thumbup:

Planning against the sheet metal on the outside. Could happen someday though.

Black will be the color of choice. Flat or glossy will depend on what we have already open that I wont have to pay for.

Bed was supposed to be done earlier in the week. I got sick, so now its finished. I know the first pics had the general idea, but here is finished.

DSC00838.jpg

Decided to add a personal touch.
DSC00847.jpg

I think it will be pretty cool when its painted.
DSC00845.jpg

thats pretty sweet!!

Back