• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ColoradoFest 2016: When and Where to Have It?

Where Should ColoradoFest2016 Be Held?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

freerider15

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, so I'll get this started early.

Where would people like to see the 2016 ColoradoFest, and with what dates?

Please don't post up where you want to see it, if you have no intention of going.

I'd like to see an attendance bump, and I know some people have mentioned Ouray (though have yet to volunteer to run/setup the event).

However I still have my doubts that people will actually drive the 5+ hours to make it a worthwhile event, but thats why I'm putting this up.

Please vote in the Poll. If you'd like to see it elsewhere please select "other" and post up where and when you'd like it.

*Poll was modified and thus a new thread started, so if you voted in the last one please re-vote!*

I voted bv on the reasons mentioned in the election thread- trying to get new blood in the mix. While for the avid wheelers and those familiar with being out and about, ouray makes great sense. The new blood is also significantly younger blood. So being closer to home. With a variety of cool and fun trails, seems like most reasonable idea.

Pikes peak raceway. Seeing as more people have fast fun cars than Cherokees nowadays.

Voted other, northern Colorado, early July.

I don't think we have nearly enough trails up this way, let alone interesting ones at that to be able to have an event...

I voted bv on the reasons mentioned in the election thread- trying to get new blood in the mix. While for the avid wheelers and those familiar with being out and about, ouray makes great sense. The new blood is also significantly younger blood. So being closer to home. With a variety of cool and fun trails, seems like most reasonable idea.

I agree with you Mike, however I'll let other help decide.

I'm just afraid we'll end up with what we had this last year as far as attendance.

Pikes peak raceway. Seeing as more people have fast fun cars than Cherokees nowadays.

That is a sad...sad...fact.

I still have two XJ's one might be 2wd but it is a XJ 😎
There are plenty of trails up north, nothing really hard core but if we are trying to get new guys and gals in the chapter maybe it should not always be hard core. There is also a campground at the bottom of St Vrain trail. My opinion from a fella that works 12 hours a day and gets minimal vacation is make it a 3 day weekend and maybe couple different times during the year so it's easier to attend. What about doing a winter run? Dutch always dose the freeze your weenie weekend on the iron clad trail...... How about a run or meet and greet some place where we can also shoot guns?

I still have two XJ's one might be 2wd but it is a XJ 😎
There are plenty of trails up north, nothing really hard core but if we are trying to get new guys and gals in the chapter maybe it should not always be hard core. There is also a campground at the bottom of St Vrain trail. My opinion from a fella that works 12 hours a day and gets minimal vacation is make it a 3 day weekend and maybe couple different times during the year so it's easier to attend. What about doing a winter run? Dutch always dose the freeze your weenie weekend on the iron clad trail...... How about a run or meet and greet some place where we can also shoot guns?

That's exactly more along the lines of what I was thinking. Hit up some of the local trails up North here and garner new people, to get them to come to the bigger event. e aSince a lot of the trails up here are quick ones, you could hit quite a few in one weekend. I'd like to hit up Crystal/Moody and Kelly Flats myself...I've lived in FoCo for ~8 years now and have yet to hit either.

I'd be up for a Winter campout event. The GF...maybe not :laugh:

I would like to see it held at Ouray . It will be our first time to meet this group and we love the area. Have never wheeled the area though. We are more into expedition trails and travel than rock crawling. Will there be this kind trails to run ? Somewhere around the last full week of July would work best for us (want to make one day of Cheyenne rodeo on the trip down ) Although could take vacation almost any dates in summer. Might be possible to help out manpower wise if needed.

I would like to see it held at Ouray . It will be our first time to meet this group and we love the area. Have never wheeled the area though. We are more into expedition trails and travel than rock crawling. Will there be this kind trails to run ? Somewhere around the last full week of July would work best for us (want to make one day of Cheyenne rodeo on the trip down ) Although could take vacation almost any dates in summer. Might be possible to help out manpower wise if needed.

Ouray is very scenic, less technical.

P7260024.jpg

P7260020.jpg

P7260005.jpg

P7270039.jpg

I voted BV but would be fine with anything, Ouray would be awesome if that was able to be coordinated. It will be my first time attending and meeting most of you besides a select few. I guess I may fall into the younger blood category (28) and I lurk here most of the time but I've been spreading the word about NAXJA whether it be chatting at gas stations or meeting up with people to buy parts. I'll start mentioning ColoradoFest if that would help, I'm sure most people wouldn't mind traveling for an event like this.

I thought this was already agreed upon after last years discussion???? I voted even though the point is mute as far as I am concerned.... :looney:

I thought this was already agreed upon after last years discussion???? I voted even though the point is mute as far as I am concerned.... :looney:

Nope, never agreed.

All of three or so people said Ouray.

If people really want it in a given place, they need to step up and volunteer to help with that event, making it happen, planning, etc.

We had more people vying for BV last year, than we did Ouray. We've pretty well decided we'll do Ouray this year for a change of pace.

However, I still have my doubts in some ways that if people won't show up for an event 2 or so hours away, when they can attend for even just a day...that getting them to drive 5-6+ hours for an event might be an ever further shot.

I'd like to be wrong believe me, but we'll see come event time.

I've already said I would help with the organizing of the event at Ouray.

We need to set the date and make the reservation at the KOA. The last week in July is the 24th through the 30th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back