• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado Springs Welding supplies and welders?

Rob Patterson

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to buy a MIG welder at the end of this month. I live here in the Springs and if the price is right I would like to buy a 220Volt Mig welder and tank locally. Are there any good shops around here?

I haven't decided between the Hobart Handler 187 or the MillerMatic 180. I like the price of the Hobart and my friend has had great luck with the Handler 135; but, I want to step up to a 220 volt welder. I don't mind that the Hobart has a 7 position voltage switch vs. the infinite position voltage switch of the Miller. I have seen the Hobart online for as low as $625.00 a couple of months ago and the Miller was $725.00. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Thanks,
Rob

Well.... I couldn't wait any longer and purchased a WeldMark 187 which is identical to the Hobart Handler 187. I liked the guy at Colorado Welding Supplies and he gave me a small discount. I probably could have found it on line for a little cheaper, but I was glad to help out a local business. I am sure I will be there frequently to pick up supplies.

Here is my new toy:
IMG_5330.jpg

Now I need to start on my many projects:
IMG_5329.jpg

Thanks for the help.

philip_g said:
doesn't look like you made much progress in the garage :)
Believe it or not I have made great progress on the garage several times. Each time I get it all cleaned up, I find something to mess it up with. I actually had the mustang running for a while and then I decided to take it back down to a shell to mess with the wiring.
IMG_5337.jpg

I really need to get the mustang on the road so I have a car to drive while I work on the Jeep.

lol those are completely different mustang projects unless you painted the green car black?

IIRC you had the white car and the green, and the 'vert was going away but I can't remember which color the vert was.

You're right, it does look better. hell it's better than mine.

I'm still jealous of the space, they'd call that a 5 car garage in a new house as deep as the double is.

Back