• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado-Nebraska-South Dakota...

Hypoid

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I'll be driving Jr. back to Brookings, SD this weekend. Is it worth staying on I-80 to pick up I-29?

Thirty years ago, I was sorta familiar with the Omaha area. Back then, I had a preference for the two lane highways. Then again, all the highways were 55 MPH...

Where are the best pit stops on the way???

Might be to late on a response here but, 75 is a better route if your not in a hurry. Recently went up to Menno for work. Went up 29, came back 75.

Thanks for the reply! The trip took about 34 hours. We caught up with the storm that blew through the day after Christmas, and did some visiting on the way.

Going out was kinda rough, but, being a Colorado Driver, who lived in central Nebraska, I was in my element. Best part was driving a front wheel drive car with California plates. People did not pay any attention as I was passing on the left. Soon as they saw my back bumper, they gave me a LOT of room. :)

They must have thought I was from L.A. or something... :D

Eastern SD to Colorado or vise versa I usually take state road 30 (Grand Island to Columbus) and highway 81 (through Norfolk) to get to or exit I80, FWIW. At night I sometimes just stay on the interstate.

Back