• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado Chapter "Moab Spring Fling" MAY 23-29

When do you wanna attend the "Moab Spring Fling"?

• May 9th - 15th

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • May 16th - 22nd

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • May 23rd - 29th

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
When would you all like to see this "event" happen?

The majority last time liked the late-May time frame, so take a look at the dates listed in the poll and click on your preference. If more than one date looks do-able for ya, click more than one. :thumbup:

This is intended to be for CO Chapter folks, but not exclusively. This is not an "official" NAXJA event, just an informal get together in Moab. Camping arrangements will not be coordinated by the Chapter BOD so those of you going should plan on getting with others to make group plans or do your own thing, be it camping, hotel, cabin, etc.

The poll reflects a full week but it's not intended to be concrete. The group may be there Thurs thru Sunday or some variation - it'll all depend on what develops as we get closer to May.

Depending on the size of the group, we may look into reserving a section at one of the local restaurants to get us all together at the end of the week.

So far, it looks like Moab will be pretty popular the last two weeks in May, so really, neither will be any less busy where the trails are concerned. G.O.N.E. (Gathering of Nissan Enthusiasts) will be there May 22nd-27th for their big shin-dig. Lots of bicycle, Razor and Grizzly events as well.

Slick Rock Campground and RV park served as our "headquarters" during the last run as many folks stayed there, but feel free to post up your ideas or plans for where you'll be staying - it's always nice to have a main place to hang out in the evening around the fire to B.S. and whatnot. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Re: Colorado Chapter "Moab Spring Fling"

I had so much fun on this trip last year. Any of the dates should work for me. I will probably desert camp again and anyone is welcome to join me.

I got the spring fever already!

Last edited:

I have finals the 26th and 27th of May.
Can we possibly do it after that but before the 11th to 18th of June because my dad and I are going on a mission trip.
The 30th of may - 5th of june would be great.
I would hate to miss this event!

I was actually going to ask about this. This is obviously my first year around here and wasn't sure if you guys did an annual get-together out in Moab. I'm itching to make a trip there since I've never been.

Timeframe really doesn't matter to me. I'll take at least a couple days off of work to head out there. We aren't equipped to camp, so we'll be doing the hotel thing.

I have finals the 26th and 27th of May.
Can we possibly do it after that but before the 11th to 18th of June because my dad and I are going on a mission trip.
The 30th of may - 5th of june would be great.
I would hate to miss this event!

Well keerap, that sucks.

I don't want you guys to miss it either, but I dunno if folks are gonna want to push it that far into Spring (Summer starts June 21st) and it gets friggin' hot out in Moab as early as May.

If anyone else wants to see this trip for May 30 - June 5th, specifically post that up and we can count it against the selections in the poll. Unfortunately, I can't edit the poll once it's opened.........

Don't forget that 30 May is a holiday for nearly everyone. Guess that could be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

Memorial day weekend is traditionaly very busy in Moab. June=hot on the rocks.

Memorial day weekend is traditionaly very busy in Moab. June=hot on the rocks.

Yikes, I didn't even catch that when looking at the calendar. No thanks. May 30 - June 5th is out. I ain't gonna hang out on crowded trails in the heat.

Sorry.

Last year it was a 100 degrees on June 5th. Heat = BAD!

Any weekend works for me. I just need to know a month or so in advance to get off work. And a few months advance so I can get my new axles ordered, shipped and installed before I head to moab

examining the schedule... and I wouldn't necessarily mind memorial day weekend, if others still think the May30-June5 timeframe is most workable.

I would rather do what you guys did last year. Leave on a Thursday or Wednesday and come back on a Monday or Tuesday. Would work a little better with people work I bet, because They wouldent have to take a week straight off.

With the weather like it was at the begining of the week I've had Moab on mind more and more!
I hope a lot of you guys are still planning on this trip!

Is it too early to finalize some dates? I'm already getting excited and the XJ and I work together a lot better with a deadline :D

With the weather like it was at the begining of the week I've had Moab on mind more and more!
I hope a lot of you guys are still planning on this trip!

Is it too early to finalize some dates? I'm already getting excited and the XJ and I work together a lot better with a deadline :D

You guys gonna camp out in the sticks with us again? We can make as much noise and fire as we want out there!

Can't do the week of the 16, I have to perform a wedding.

I would be in, if it is the last week of May. Working till May 24th... then might take a little vaca starting May 25th.
Has anyone ever camped at Hamburger Hill? Great place. Fire rings. Outhouse. BLM land. North entrance to Canyonlands. First come, first served though.

my jast day of school is the 20th so anything after that i could make if i have the money for it

Back