• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Was closing up a tool bin and had put a fire extinguisher in there and the pin fell out and when lid was closed it somehow caught the handle , and poof a huge damn cloud of white powder ...If I had a swear jar it would have been filled .

Realized that the financial position I'm in right now, I just can't justify (or afford) the payments, insurance, and maintenance costs for something that isn't being used to it's potential.

That sucks. But making moves is always good.

Was closing up a tool bin and had put a fire extinguisher in there and the pin fell out and when lid was closed it somehow caught the handle , and poof a huge damn cloud of white powder ...If I had a swear jar it would have been filled .

Sounds like me last weekend fixing the burb tcase the lady's mom decided to blow up. I could have ended world hunger.

Mobil 1 is a good filter, Wix Premium is a good filter. Fram lost a ton of consumer confidence after people started cutting open filters and comparing them.

If that counter guy can show you dissected filters to show his is better, he might be on the right track.

Read the fine print on the filter it is god to go it is made for them by Baldwin ...

The ph16 is the filter for the 4.0 I never go cheap on the 6.7 CTD filter or Fluid I will on the 4.0 but I can get donor motor for $500 ...not so much with Cummins . I think I will start picking up my filters in bulk at Rocky Mountain Cummins they are Baldwins and cheaper than the parts store then I can just buy my oil every 3k ...lol...5k when lazy .

Well, IIRC, the Mobil 1 and k and n filter are the same minus the nut and price. They are made by Honeywell, who also makes fram. The Mobil filters are good filters that use quality parts. I've used them a lot. Carquest was using wix but have since started going to clarcore, who makes Baldwin. Also pretty good filters. I personally use wix on about everything. I would also run a Walmart supertech filter before I use fram anything.

Well, IIRC, the Mobil 1 and k and n filter are the same minus the nut and price. They are made by Honeywell, who also makes fram. The Mobil filters are good filters that use quality parts. I've used them a lot. Carquest was using wix but have since started going to clarcore, who makes Baldwin. Also pretty good filters. I personally use wix on about everything. I would also run a Walmart supertech filter before I use fram anything.

Ahhh so Fram does not make Mobil they are made by the same company that makes Mobil . That means honwywell makes the filters to Fram spec so they really are not necessarily the same . The guy was pretty correct I have no issue running this brand everyone says Baldwin is god to go the issue with Fram was the falling apart and killing the motor , which honestly I ran them for years no issue , but for the few extra dollars VS a new Cummins I'll spend the few dollars .

I talked to the dealer again today. I feel a bit like Norm from Cheers when I call that place. Keep in mind when I mentioned this no start issue before and described the circumstances they said they had never heard of that and didn't know what could cause it. After I share some stats about it and explain that it gets worse when the outside temps are higher and can last anywhere from 3 restart attempts to 15 minutes the guy says, "Sounds like classic heat soak." He goes on to tell me that they get calls all winter long about this because it's an issue with every vehicle Jeep sells with the 3.7 motor. Then tells me it's because of the winter blend of gas and there's no fix for it and I just have to wait for the summer blend of gas. WTF?? He said to not bother bringing it in because they can't do anything about it. This is unacceptable. I also talked to Jeep Corporate today and brought them up to speed. They were laughing hysterically and are going to bring in some of their tech people but recommended a new dealer and offered to make arrangements.

Well...I think I've been extremely patient and given the Faricy Brothers more than enough opportunities to get their shite together but they have failed miserably. I am thankful that Jeep is trying to do right. I spoke with them late in the day today after talking to Faricy and they asked for a few days to consult with their techs and then get with the dealer to assist. Unfortunately, I think I'm going to request that I take the vehicle to the dealer in Golden that I purchased it from.

Well...I think I've been extremely patient and given the Faricy Brothers more than enough opportunities to get their shite together but they have failed miserably. I am thankful that Jeep is trying to do right. I spoke with them late in the day today after talking to Faricy and they asked for a few days to consult with their techs and then get with the dealer to assist. Unfortunately, I think I'm going to request that I take the vehicle to the dealer in Golden that I purchased it from.

Sometimes the best tool is a can of gas and a match .

I read many times about 10 years ago that Fram filters were cardboard junk made in China.

Check the bobstheoilguy web site for a decade of tests, and posts and chat on them.

Ahhh so Fram does not make Mobil they are made by the same company that makes Mobil . That means honwywell makes the filters to Fram spec so they really are not necessarily the same . The guy was pretty correct I have no issue running this brand everyone says Baldwin is god to go the issue with Fram was the falling apart and killing the motor , which honestly I ran them for years no issue , but for the few extra dollars VS a new Cummins I'll spend the few dollars .

I read many times about 10 years ago that Fram filters were cardboard junk made in China.

Check the bobstheoilguy web site for a decade of tests, and posts and chat on them.

The CarQuest house brand in Conifer is Baldwin , so I will continue to buy my oil and filter there . I can buy Baldwin filters for my 6.7 in bulk cheaper at Cummins in Henderson , but I like to support this place because they do many things parts stores don't do anymore .

The aw4 impresses me what it tolerates and holds up to . I had a plugged tranny to radiator line on my first aw4 it ran hot killed the input seal, but never failed when I pulled it I found the blockage while testing flow and after that I never could burn the fluid it is always nice red I have a big b&m cooler plumbed in after the factory heat exchanger with a fan and it hardly ever hits the 185 temp auto fan switch ...lol...the reason for the post was I cut into my cooler return line today while cutting room for my rubbers and pretty red clean trans fluid dripped out bringing to mind how good a stock aw4 is . I used this accidental line cutting as a chance to modify the line to be able to pump the return line into a bucket to do complete flush when I do service it .

Tried to go snow mobiling this weekend...One ran great, one caught on fire, so that was interesting. Thing was running like crap and think it leaned out causing the exhaust to get so hot it set the plastic on fire.

There is zero snow around Chinamen if anyone is heading up there.

Got her pulled back in the shop from her hibernation spot.

20170305_194211_zpse73shfht.jpg

Now to get going on a list of things to complete in the next month.

Well my daughters new 89 XJ in Co Springs was having an issue on left U-turns, that we think is only happening with the gas tank reading 1/4 tank. But the data so far, which is being checked makes me suspect that 1/4 tank is empty was she told me one day she had 200 miles on half tank already LOL. But we will see. I hope it is not anything more serious than a typical gauge error.

I'm back in town, and should be around tomorrow aft., except for walking the beast.

Back