• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

"Operation Orange Fingers"....lol. That sounds like a serious operation.

Z-Train said:
How happy are GEICO customers?

Happier than stoners in Seattle getting free Doritos from the cops.

Now,THAT is happy,happy,happy.
party1:

:D

If any of you guys get bored and having nothing do on Saturday. I'll be starting in my first Xterra race at Lake Wellington which in near Bailey, CO. First wave starts at about 8:30.

You're racing nissans? On a lake?

That makes more sense -- kick their ass, seabass!

It took 11 years in the industry, but I saw my first aftermath of a Lathe accident today - everyone told me it was coming eventually. I'll never get that image out of my head. It was probably the most f-ed up thing I've ever seen in person.

I don't know how EMTs handle this stuff day-to-day. Poor guy. The arm was still wrapped up in the chuck. Glove was on and everything.

I've seen that before. Guy had to kick the machine out of gear himself. Ha just later on top of the lathe until emt showed. Was a mess.

Hope guy on your end fairs better.

Well I doubt this guy will be a machinist any longer. When I said the "The Arm" I meant, the dude was already at the hospital - his arm was still stuck in the machine.

It was a RV driveshaft lathe. The ones with a 2ft chuck.

please, for the love of god, do NOT post pictures or links -- that is something I do not want to be unable to unsee... the visual from you description is already bad enough. :puke:

Oh sounds about like what happened to the guy I saw. All bad man. Never any good from that.

please, for the love of god, do NOT post pictures or links -- that is something I do not want to be unable to unsee... the visual from you description is already bad enough. :puke:

Trust me Chris, I would never subject you guys to that. Besides, the photos belong to the company's insurance carrier. I forwarded them to the adjuster then immediately dropped the memory card in the mail. I don't want that kind of stuff around me.

sorry you had to see it yourself, Jim. Industrial accidents bring the nasty sometimes.

I don't know how EMTs handle this stuff day-to-day. Poor guy. The arm was still wrapped up in the chuck. Glove was on and everything.

From spending 8 years in fire/rescue and ems before coming out here, I understand that end a bit. You end up de-humanizing the person for a time while trying to keep them alive. Then deal with the bad ones later with other ems folks over a 'few' drinks. After a while most get pretty jaded to the gore, as sad as that may be.

Hope your co-worker does ok otherwise. Sorry you had to see that.

I thought that was Greeley...

Getting ready for the long drive to the land of cow shit & beer farts (Wisconsin).:yelclap:

Have fun Jeff visiting title town. Eat some cheese curds for me while you are out there.

Back