• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

I would kill for a clean Hilux and one of those cummins motors. Not together obviously.

Just a cool shot (I thought) from hangin out with some friends today. Thought I'd share.
300101_630603453631827_352239235_n.jpg

Nice shot! Was a bit surprised to see ya there Mike.. not the first time at Clement though, I recall a NAXJA gig in the same lot a few years back.
Kiefer, last of the VIN is 205102.. very interested to find out where it went, thanks

Dutch you were right. Breezed the doubles/triples test and combinations test too. Now just gotta wait til end of month for driving stuff. Was pretty common sense.

Have always wanted me a TSI
ya he has had a few fun DSM's. This tsi is auto. Way easier to handle the umph than the 5-speeds do. It doesn't feel so hot from a roll but from a dig the thing is a champion. Destroyed the Nat'l and his 06 GTO.

Cool GN.

Speaking of which, what's worth money off a 93 VW van w/ AWD? Found one in a local yard I just discovered Friday. It was strange as hell, never been there, first time out I find a porsche 944, two 12 valve cummins trucks, like a dozen wranglers mostly untouched, a 93 AWD VW van, an fj80 with immaculate straight axles in it, two! grand wagoneers (one restorable, one parts only), a couple early 80s and late 70s hiluxes, a row of old merc diesels... felt like a visit to heaven. Every time I came around a corner I found something else sitting there that's normally rare as hell in the you-pull.

Hmmmm. You know, much to my disappoint (as well as Troy's) the Vanagon and Eurovan just didn't do well here in the states. The European and Canadian market got all the cool options (perhaps Syncro and turbo diesels as well) while sales were dismal here. To my knowledge, we never saw a Syncro model here in the states (although plenty of people have done the conversion). The 93 should have the 5 cylinder motor which is pretty gutless. Historically, the trans on the EV goes out so those in working order are nice (but I do not know if the trans used in 93 was the same in later years). The fix to the trans issue really isn't all that complex (although I can't recall what it is off the top of my head). I think if you were in a circle of VW enthusiasts it would be worth sitting on until you found a buyer for some things but for the average person, it's probably not worth the effort. Most folks with Vanagons and Eurovans know where to get the hard to find stuff from. My brother just sold his 2000 7 passenger model. Had a relay for HVAC go out on it and set him back $300. Even the dumbest stuff is so hard to find for those things. It's a shame they didn't catch on. The Vanagon was actually cooler IMO than the EV. The weight distribution with the motor out back made it handle surprisingly well in non-Syncro trim. My brother has a GTI drag car and that EV would pull that thing on the trailer all day long at 80mph and uber quiet. Then again, I love Vans and station wagons.

Nice shot! Was a bit surprised to see ya there Mike.. not the first time at Clement though, I recall a NAXJA gig in the same lot a few years back.
Kiefer, last of the VIN is 205102.. very interested to find out where it went, thanks

Car went to cali sold for 10,800. Got some pics on my phone of it

Hmmmm. You know, much to my disappoint (as well as Troy's) the Vanagon and Eurovan just didn't do well here in the states. The European and Canadian market got all the cool options (perhaps Syncro and turbo diesels as well) while sales were dismal here. To my knowledge, we never saw a Syncro model here in the states (although plenty of people have done the conversion). The 93 should have the 5 cylinder motor which is pretty gutless. Historically, the trans on the EV goes out so those in working order are nice (but I do not know if the trans used in 93 was the same in later years). The fix to the trans issue really isn't all that complex (although I can't recall what it is off the top of my head). I think if you were in a circle of VW enthusiasts it would be worth sitting on until you found a buyer for some things but for the average person, it's probably not worth the effort. Most folks with Vanagons and Eurovans know where to get the hard to find stuff from. My brother just sold his 2000 7 passenger model. Had a relay for HVAC go out on it and set him back $300. Even the dumbest stuff is so hard to find for those things. It's a shame they didn't catch on. The Vanagon was actually cooler IMO than the EV. The weight distribution with the motor out back made it handle surprisingly well in non-Syncro trim. My brother has a GTI drag car and that EV would pull that thing on the trailer all day long at 80mph and uber quiet. Then again, I love Vans and station wagons.
I'm not sure which it was, but the engine was in the front for sure.

Unless the parts are fantastically valuable (like over 800 or so for the transmission, etc) I have no real interest in pulling them to resell - if you know anyone/any enthusiast forums with members in my area that would like to use the parts, it's sitting at Smith Auto Recycling in Clinton MA. Feel free to pass that info on to any/all of them.

If the motor was up front then it's a Eurovan. The best forum for Vans and EV's is the samba dot com. I don't know any people out your way though.

Whatcha gonna do with that Caiman/Allegator Dwarf when he gets 3' - 4' long?

Bitchin' habitat setup though........ :thumbup:

As a teen, I had a mating pair of Basilisk lizards. Used to take the youngsters and sell 'em at a pet store near by.

He'll get his very own shed one day, heated, nice big pond, plenty of stuff to grub on... Maybe even a partner down the road.

It looks like just ONE of my tires is a nail magnet. 2 plugs, 2 patches, and I found another nail in it today. sonofa..
At least it is just one of them.

Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts guys. That rash is clearing right up.

That is weird! Do you have any enemy's? Or maybe some punk kids that hang out where you park?
My work truck has only one tire that gets nailed...pun intended. My tow-behind compressor has only one tire that gets...you guessed it! :D

Both are on the DS, yet the driver rear tire goes unscathed.

I attribute this to:
A) Operating environment.
B) The vehicle operator's habit set.

Back