• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

collection of jeep stuff(build/blog)

My jcr is just old looking lol it was one of there original models. I've just "customized" it.
I also want to raise the gas tank and get rid of the skid and build a slightly higher and lighter rear bumper. Maybe stretch the rear and ditch the pos 8.25.

List of things I plan to do r prep for when I'm back:

Rear shocks through floor
Build a different rear bumper
Hydro assist
New leaf springs
Thermostat
Axle seals

Anybody have a steering box I could use to tap and use my warranty at napa with it?

I have a stock box. Was in good shape when I pulled it. I am in concord.

Alphaqup I'll take you up on that if I can't find one closer.

The thrush glasspack I put in sounds great. Much better than the old blowmaster..

And got the rear seat back in.. After probably 2 years of it being out.. Kinda nice.
I can sit back there easily.. But doubt anybody much bigger could.

You're gonna wanna get a plate on top of that, or the upper bumpstop will skewer it.

Get some 1.5" tube and a 2.5" flat plate, weld it to the tube centered. Shove the tube into the bumpstop.

Or build a flat plate to go into the top of the prothane, with a section of 1.5" tube sticking down into the prothanes hole a couple inches. Either way.

1.5" tube goes snug enough into it that it would stay there, assuming you have 3 or so inches of tube.

yup i use that plastic stuff and put a plate above, but it has to be bolted in not welded in (or you cant get the coil on and off). i never thought of putting the plate on the prothane, just saw a rig that way at offroad expo yesterday. sounds like way less work.

I burned on a round plate to the top of my bumpstop end where the OEM bumpstop rubber would go seems to work good the little use i got out of them

Uhhhmmm uya both shackles bent again... not sure what is going on. Maybe the bushings are causing some sorta binding issue. But it's probably more of a rough country issue.

60 rear from 03 e350 .. 67" WMS 3.5" tubes SF 8x6.5 32 spline smooth bottom... got it for $80 and it was up the street from me.. Was hoping to find a FF but this should be just fine with 35 spline shafts on 37/38s.

Nice find. I thought all the e350's had the f/f's and the e250 got the semi-floaters. Or is it that just the super duty's got the ff's? Either way, nice find. I've been looking at getting a 60 from an e350 at pick-n-pull. But they never have them at that price. If they did I'd have one sitting at my house already.

Ya apparently from what I gather is In spring 02 they all got the semi float. So a 99- early 02 would be the most ideal of them all. You get the bigger breaks. Ff and able to fit 35 spline shafts. But I don't plan on a v8 and 42s so this should be more than enough for me I'm not too worried :)

Im pretty sure for me its just driving like a dummy and rough country sucks. I am much more familiar with their suckage as of late and this was just one more conformation for me. Second set that ended up like this on wilbur. Time for something beefier.
5d3bc9c6746360402e517be7fe880774.jpg

Rough country shackles are a joke . Good find on the 60 for 80.!

Holy shit Gordon !!!
Ya I'm going to get something else.. Total joke. Last time I emailed them about the bent shackle he claimed to have never seen that in 12 years.... Chuuuurrr buddy.

Back