• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cold Oil Pressure at 80 psi...

Status
Not open for further replies.
To OP:
Your original message does not state that you had several sensors that you swapped out and got the same reading. Please re-read your post. Is any of them OEM new or are they yard pull-outs? At least, have you confirmed any of them as “normal” when running in a different engine?

What was your pressure before the rebuild? Are you using the same sensor?

80 psi on 170K bearings seems abnormally high (very unlikely) in a 4.0L engine, regardless of your pump safety relief pressure.
Your multiple answers are tricky and lead in directions you try to dictate only. Good luck!

Eh, I don't doubt that 80 PSI is possible w/ stock bearings, pump, But stuck OPRV or stronger spring. My 90k mile engine opens OPRV @ very low RPM. Am running Rotella 5W40 but may drop to xW30 (German Castrol?) For next OCI because I apparently don't need 40 weight.

You already started another thread on this subject, where you were also a flaming jerk to everyone here who has experience with this motor in this chassis. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1106501

There is no need to waste the forum's time with a second iteration of your angry ranting about people telling you things you don't want to hear for some odd reason.

I am closing this thread. Use the other one if you want to keep yelling, or hit the report button on this post if you disagree with this. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back