• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil Spring Tower Bent

I'm just going to say they don't LOOK bent from the picture. I would agree with the CA's. It's hard to say just because we can't personally look at it.

Mine were doing that as well.... Put on some drop brackets and it moved the axle back forward to the correct location, and no more problems. I think its most likely your axle is not centered. The tower doesn't look bent to me either.

with the rust on those coils im suprised they dont fold like tacos.

Hey now. That's just hurtful. We don't use gravel on our roads like they do in WA. The super salt they use on the roads over here does a number on all vehicles. It's not uncommon to see a 4 year old vehicle in need of body repair just from rust. Those coils still had most of their powder coat last year.

Must have been some crappy powder coat, as I'm in the same area, and my RE springs never did that after 3 years.

And while everything does rust fast up here, I've never seen a 4 year old car that has needed body repair from rust. The underside components get rusty, but the only time I've seen a new car rusty is where it was hit or hit something.

Must have been some crappy powder coat, as I'm in the same area, and my RE springs never did that after 3 years.

And while everything does rust fast up here, I've never seen a 4 year old car that has needed body repair from rust. The underside components get rusty, but the only time I've seen a new car rusty is where it was hit or hit something.
Well, not sure how it is in Mass, 9 hours away from here; but here we get salt cheaper than sand. We don't mix our salt with sand. I live in the only port city on the St Lawrence River (US side) and we get salt so cheap that they are constantly salting the roads. You will have trouble freeing up suspension bolts on a 1 year old car. I can literally watch my Heep rust away day-by-day in the winter up here.

what does your moms gc have to do w/ anything?

Have you been jumping your Jeep? Do you have half the weight he has on there?

My mom has a 96 GC that had to have the rear wheel bearings changed in 1997 and she doesn't abuse her Jeep at all, anything is possible. All it takes is one good hit to bend something or knock it loose.

I should have been more obvious in my point making. Sure jumping you vehicle with a bunch of extra weight in it can do a lot of damage, but sometimes, it seems hitting a pothole on a well traveled road can also cause a lot of damage.

On that note, the roads up here are awful. Most people wouldn't understand. I live in a poor county and the really cold weather destroys the roads, but hey, you still have to get to work so 65mph it is.

Back