• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coil spacer info

TBCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 2" OME coils in front , light load, and OME 2" leafs in rear,lift on my 2001 jeep cherokee sport.

it gave me a 3in of lift in back.
i have a slight rak to the jeep from lower in front and higher in back,
i need to raise the front about 1 inch.
What size coil spacer do i need?
i'm not sure how much the weight of the jeep will take from the spacer once installed?
is a 1 inch spacer, really a inch after the weight of front sits on it.
What do you guys suggest?

Or should i just get the ZJ OME 2" front coils , Would that give me 1 more inch extra
high more than xj 2", and just not use spacer,

I do plan on getting a rock bumper in front.

A one inch spacer will hold up just fine...you'll get an inch out of it. I ran the OME 930 coils with a 1.75" spacer and that combo gave me about 4" of lift. The OME coils will give a little more than specified as far as lift height. Hell of a good coil too. I run the OME 3" HD rear leaf packs with the Rubicon Express 1.25" shackle, and I'm happy as hell with them. I've recently switched out to a full 4.5" coil, but it was used and had some sag to it when I installed them...so I put the 1.75" spacer back in and I'm sitting at about 4.75" in the front and 4.25" in the rear....it actually looks fine the way it is now.
XJ070.jpg

XJ071.jpg

Or, another option you can go with right now are the JKS adjustable coil over spacers (ACOS). That way, down the road, if you decide to add a winch or bumper you can adjust those up if you get any sag on those front coils...with the light duty coils, you will probably get some sag by adding front accessories like those.

Hope any of that helped.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks man, for the info and pics.
you got a really nice jeep
love the arb bumper.
Did that sag you in front any? how much does that weight?

If i go with the JKS adjustable coil over , will the light duty coils
be ok over time,when adding front rock bumper? or should i go with firmer front coil?

Back