• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CO: Slaughterhouse Gulch run 5-14-05 Video!!

:rattle: My jeeps still broken...
That was a cool video, well edited and it looks like it was a blast down there.

well after having to put my face up to my computer screen to watch it ,it wasn't that bad.a few things to say .get away from Quicktime,it sucks for real compression of a video.start using DivX greater range of compression and viewing size.

why is it that everybody thinks its fun to go head long into a puddle as fast as they can.worst thing you can do quickest way to blow a motor that i know of.

After waiting forever I finally got to see a small but long video. Good editing but kind of boring. The second half is better than the first half. What was that hanging from the xj that was stuck towards the ending of the video?

Wil Badger said:
well after having to put my face up to my computer screen to watch it ,it wasn't that bad.a few things to say .get away from Quicktime,it sucks for real compression of a video.start using DivX greater range of compression and viewing size.

why is it that everybody thinks its fun to go head long into a puddle as fast as they can.worst thing you can do quickest way to blow a motor that i know of.
Can you use that DivX thing on a mac? I have a mac so im basically limited to quicktime, sorry.

Wil Badger said:
That was me and I went fast because when the mud hole is 3 ft deep and thick I would rather not go slow and get stuck.

Last edited:
no it wasn't just one jeep i was talking about .there was a small puddle in the trail and every jeep in the line up went through.ever one of them sped up as they came up to it and went through it.

not like i care just a general question really nothing toward you or anybody that was there.the size of the puddle doesn't matter really it's how hard you hit it and water comes up into the airbox.you might think it's hard to get water into the stock airbox ,but really it's not.you might think that a small puddle won't get water into your motor but it can.trust me i have seen it done before and i have the pictures to prove you don't need to sink the front of a jeep to get water into the motor.

good job on the editing, and thanks for the reminder of why i hate mud

thanks Ramsey. And ya, that trip made me hate mud as well. A little bit here and there can be fun, but mud just ends up breaking shi*, and its a pain to clean off. No more for me

not worried about breaking, its just the getting stuck and the damn cleaning. give me a rock garden any day before a mud pit

Ya after wheeling at Chinaman's Gulch about a month ago, i love rock crawling. Rocks are a ton of fun and once i get my locker i can't wait to go at it again.

if you think mud breaks stuff your in for a rude suprise :D

Back