• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CO Chapter Rubicon Run

As long as we're clear, you just described both major party candidates... yep. we're doomed.

Thats why I;ve been a card carrying member of the communist party for years. :D

We're screwed no matter what. Its about time for the Army to take over, at the very least it'll get people begging for the corrupt and self serving gov't we currently have to take back power.

Oh no imma vote for the guy who had to come use up our already overtaxed law enforcement resources for a Gal Darn campaign stop! He my guy for sure.... I'm all about socialized medicine,and spending all the money we can
Print! He's my guy for
Sure! But I'm def gonna start saving now for the rubi trip!

I was evacuated and I'm still waiting to go back to my house (sure hope it's still there) so I've watched every press conference aired and the press conference this morning stated that no LEO resources would be given up to protect the President and that his visit to the area would not negatively impact the aerial crews working on the Waldo Canyon fire.

I know I'm a bit emotional right now because I have what little sh!t I could grab stuffed into backpacks and trash bags and crammed in my car but every President (despite party affiliation) makes trips to natural disasters like we are experiencing state wide right now because it's the right fawkin' thing to do as the leader of our nation. Christ...30 seconds of internet search results show (according to the NY Times) that Bush made 11% more visits to natural disasters than Clinton did and 130% more than Reagan than both of their 2 terms in office. Was that not politically motivated as well? If Obama had NOT come to Colorado (let alone approved Federal aid to offest the %6 billionish spent so far for the Waldo Canyon incident) then you would be complaining about that right?

Last edited:
I was evacuated and I'm still waiting to go back to my house (sure hope it's still there) so I've watched every press conference aired and the press conference this morning stated that no LEO resources would be given up to protect the President and that his visit to the area would not negatively impact the aerial crews working on the Waldo Canyon fire. Do you have information to the contrary?

No I'm just sure that it didn't help
To take LEO's off the fire and such to protect that ego maniac!

Also I didn't mean to hijack the thread lets get back
To wheelin the rubi

Make sure you read it all.

Opps missed the rest, sorry! And no I doubt I'd complain, I kinda thought it was silly for bush to go to ground zero too! But I'm really no fan of the Bummer that's fo sho, Btw I'm sorry for the problems Thr fire has caused, I have a step brother and sister and my mother that have all been evacuated as well, and it sucks! At least they have a home to go back to! Have great night!

Hijack over SORRY. But frank started it!

Chris -- totally emphathizing with your situation, I can and have imagined it repeatedly over the last week. That said -- and I agree with you that every worthless politician of every ilk and color of tie makes the same worthless photo-op stop at every disaster that happens to occur within the geography of the US -- If the president wants to pick up a shovel and get in and dig a line, his presence is welcome. If he wants to take photos with people who have better things to do (like protect and save your home) to enhance his image as our "leader", then I wish he'd stay in Washington and continue to dismantle the republic. I said exactly the same of the former idiot in the white house as I do this one... I hope Monday is your day, man. :cheers:

Correction...it should not be 6 billion but 6 million.

Sorry for mucking up your Rubicon thread Fred. Normally I don't pay much attention to many of the flippant political comments that are made here or anywhere else for that matter because very rarely are you ever going to change someones mind but, under my current circumstances, it hit a nerve.

Enjoy your trip with JD.

Thanks Chris.

Meh. Bush got grief for not going to Katrina, also. Besides, I think that it's now appropriate for this thread to be continued in the Staging thread.

For those of us who don't relish the idea of driving your rig to Cali and back, how about we get enough rigs to contract a car hauling company for a full load out and back? That way we could fly to Cali and save several days off of work.

For those of us who don't relish the idea of driving your rig to Cali and back, how about we get enough rigs to contract a car hauling company for a full load out and back? That way we could fly to Cali and save several days off of work.

Any idea how much something like this would cost?

It has to cost less than the gas, wear and tear, and probably 4 days off of work (at least at my rate :spin1:)

Once I get my CDL we could also just rent a truck and trailer. I can fit 3 HMMWV's on a standard step-deck so I could probably squeeze a 4th XJ. If we went with an actual car hauler we could fit a lot more. Either way, it might be cheaper to rent a truck/trailer than it would be to hire one.

Okay,you can check into the rental aspect. Keep it up, team, we're moving right along. :)

Once I get my CDL we could also just rent a truck and trailer. I can fit 3 HMMWV's on a standard step-deck so I could probably squeeze a 4th XJ. If we went with an actual car hauler we could fit a lot more. Either way, it might be cheaper to rent a truck/trailer than it would be to hire one.

This would be great! Put me down for 2 nice spots, one for my LJ and one for Davids XJ.

Back