• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cleghorn Saturday Oct 10th 8:30 AM

grimm - there was a little rambo excitement from what i hear - hope they got pics - e-1 okay, that's all that matters.
nice meeting some of u i never met, big thanx to hollywood for leading & makin sure the group stayed together.
sorry i couldn't finish up or run the x-trail, gotta work.
bill, julio, al, always great wheelin w/ ya'll.
i see truck haven in my near future, or calico. anyone else?

I did a floppy!
Smashed in rear quater panel above the driver rear tire and ripped the front brake line off.
Lots of fun and yes I even enjoyed the flopping.

Thanks everyone for all the help that you have provided to me today.
Julio, Max, and few other have the pics. They will be up later.

i left a message on your cell, if u need help after i get off work in the am, let me know. glad u, the g/f, and the mutt r okay. u had great peeps helpin u

damnit! i wish i could have gone. i had to deal with some shit until 3am and didnt feel like trying to make it out there on 3hrs of sleep.

get the pics up!

oh and whens the next run!?

Sorry i missed this one but the nationwide race at the fontana speedway with the wife and kids was worth not going. Definitly looking forward to the next one. looking forward to pics and vids of all the excitement. Rambo i'm glad to here you and your passengers are ok.

HPIM1149.jpg

HPIM1150.jpg

HPIM1152.jpg

HPIM1151.jpg

HPIM1154.jpg

HPIM1157.jpg

HPIM1158.jpg

HPIM1161.jpg

HPIM1162.jpg

HPIM1163.jpg

Sorry I dont have better pics I had some issues with my rig so this was all I was able to get.. but I am sure there will be some better ones to come :).

Julio this your new screen backround?
032.jpg

Hey Julio nice right front brake line on that flex pic. looks a lil bit like a rubber band. tell me your not using yer brake lines as limit straps lol. nice flex tho.

Looks like a fun day on the cleg guys!!!!Thanks for the call SoCal Billl...good to hear from ya,wish I could been there to see rambo in action:rof:rollover red prevails again:wave1:.......David

So Bill, how did the new MTR's with Kevlar do?
Awesome- I noticed two things right away as soon as we hit the fireroad.First was the traction,they felt hooked up as if they were on pavement. The other thing I noticed was the improved ride. It felt like I had upgraded my suspension. It was very noticable.
When we got to the powerline play hill, I ran a line straight up the center rock face. The tires hooked up great,never heard one slip at all -crawled right up it.
At one point in the run,I found a small hillclimb that was very sandy and loose. It looked like something I should probably get a run at to make it,but I figured I would try to crawl it. I expected it to dig in to the point where I would have to back out of it and take a run at it.To my suprise,I stayed on top and walked right up it. I was very pleased!
The tires are nice on the street too. They look like they would be loud on the pavement,but they are similar to all terrains . They handle well,taking those tight "S" turns on Hwy 138 nicely.
I have'nt had them on wet pavement,mud or snow yet,but so far I'm very happy with them. (BTW- thanks for finding them on craigs list for me:thumbup:)
The run was fun.It was great to meet some of the new guys on the board. I almost forgot what is was like to wheel with RaMBo, lol

Gnarly rock points? What are those?
Im not going to let a few little rocks block my way.
Need to get ahold of a digital camera so I can post the nice dent I now have.

Back