• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clear Gearz Diff covers

Why do you want a clear diff cover? Gear oil isnt clear..as soon as you start driving, oil splashes on it and all you see is oil. Not to mention my buddy got a stick through his on a DIRT road...came off the tire and through the diff cover lol. Stay away form it ;)

Motorvated said:
Why do you want a clear diff cover? Gear oil isnt clear..as soon as you start driving, oil splashes on it and all you see is oil. Not to mention my buddy got a stick through his on a DIRT road...came off the tire and through the diff cover lol. Stay away form it ;)

well you'll be able to see your gear oil level as well as how badly blackened it is getting.

As for your buddy, was it a poly cover or metal? I don't see a piece of polycarbonate (re - bulletproof glass) taking a stick through it.

Gravel Maker said:
Plastic can be great for impact resistance but wear is another matter entirely, If it were dragging over the rocks it wears pretty quick.....

Dan Fredrickson
www.ruffstuffspecialties.com
Order a cover from this guy. His covers are beef.

1002696es5.jpg

With no oil fill plug, how are you suppose to put oil in your diff?

:confused:

Ivan said:
With no oil fill plug, how are you suppose to put oil in your diff?
:confused:

The cover in OP is an 8.8 cover. You fill the 8.8 through a fill plug by the yoke.

Here's a installed pic from their website, doesn't look too dirty on the inside, could be 100% new gear oil though:

StraitOnCloseD.jpg

And one with a fill plug:

OnGroundPlugD.jpg

I may eventually order one for my DD Explorer, just for fun. Hell, anything is better than a stock cover on an 8.8 :D

Back