• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Christmas lights

people its not controled by a computer. look at the star on the pole. when the lights are going around it, it looks like it is a continous circle but if you look at the side of the house the lights completely go out. if it was a computer controled system there wouldnt be that lag. it was done with stop editing. that way you only need to take one or two pics and you can use them over and over again.

mylt1 said:
people its not controled by a computer. look at the star on the pole. when the lights are going around it, it looks like it is a continous circle but if you look at the side of the house the lights completely go out. if it was a computer controled system there wouldnt be that lag. it was done with stop editing. that way you only need to take one or two pics and you can use them over and over again.

It's slightly laggy probably because the lights are standard Tungsten style and there's a delay in them turning on and off.

Anyway, look at the little light flashing to of the house, I'd assume from a radio/cell tower of some sort. If it was stop-motion assembled, that light would probably go on and off at random intervals; in the video it blinks every 2 seconds.

That house made the news, it was closed down by the local govt as a hazard, there were several accidents and I think two fatalities from gawkers. The house was somewhere north of cleveland or cincinatti. They had a blurb about it on the radio while I was stopped and sitting in traffic this morning on my way into philly.

whoohooo, snopes even has directions to build it.....something to work towards maybe...

Back