• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chop and cage

the_chief

NAXJA Forum User
mostly looking for advice, this seems like a good venue for informed suggestions.

I rolled my favorite heep, and she must ride again. Pic says it all. windshield and a pillars are garbage, along with the rest of the roof, and the doors ( for the most part.

The trusty sawzall made short work of chopping at door level, a pillars are gone at dash, others cut at door line.

I'm thinking i could fab an old fashioned flip up windshield.
my main concern is caging for streetable purposes, enough to stiffen the chassis mainly. It will not be wheeled ever again, more of a california dreamin wagon. Plus If the cage was flat on top, i could use it to haul lumber. I could actually get a lot of use from a setup like this.

I guess the real question is how would you cage this, with my main interest being stiffening chassis enough for streetable purposes. Any suggestions, i really appreciate it. you no how it is, for a few bucks, i need my sweetie to ride again, it's a jeep thing, i finally understand.

thanks guys.

edit: added pic
IMG_4025-web.jpg

also, the crash wasn't as violent as it looks. it flopped on the street going 20-25 mph around a corner and hit a pole.

inside the orange line is no longer a part of my crunchy piece.
IMG_4025-web2.jpg

the_chief said:
also, the crash wasn't as violent as it looks. it flopped on the street going 20-25 mph around a corner and hit a pole.

sounds fun

Seems like a shame to go to the trouble to cage it and never wheel it again.

That said, I have no idea of Vehicle Code in CO. Here in IL, it's pretty relaxed for the most part....Lights,wipers, a mirror and you can roll.

Back