• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chinese Jeeps I've seen

marcusguy

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to tell you guys some of the strange jeeps I've seen here in china in the last two months. Of course I've seen the cherokees with the high roofs, and long wheelbases, as well as the ones with the WJ looking front end. There are many of the CJ looking jeeps here in every configuration. Two door, four door, two door trucks, four door trucks, hard top, soft top, anything you can imagine. They use a 2.5 that seems to be based on the American jeep engine, but made by someone else. Beijing jeep came out with another new car that is new to me. It has a cute-ute looking body but has a frame, solid axles, and leaf springs front and rear.

Here's the part I think is interesting. I've seen older cherokees that are freakin weird. There is one version I keep seeing that has factory leaf springs in the front, some unknown T/C, and possibly a real frame under it (only seen it driving by so far).

The other cool cherokees I've seen are factory Cheromanches. They are cherokees that came with a wall behind the rear seats and a small bed on the back, just like a 4 dr chopped cherokee.

When I get my digital camera working, I'll try to find some of these curiousities and snap some pictures for ya. It's pretty cool to see new versions of a car you thought you knew a lot about.

Update ya later,
marcus

If you see a moderately old guy trying to take my little green 99 2dr up hammers, tell my dad to turn around and go home:)

Hey guys

I'm working on getting some pictures, but my camera keeps wiggin out on me. I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens.

There's definitely some things that I'd like to bring back with me: rear seats with headrests and a center fold-down arm rest/cup holder, rear 8.25s and D44s with factory disk brakes (though about half of them are sprung under from the factory), cool emblems that say 'jeep' and 'cherokee' in chinese... and plenty more.

marcus

Let us know how much the emblems are. I might be interested in a set.:cool:

Yeah, some Chinese Jeep or Cherokee logos would be cool! If you get some, PM me and let me know how much, I would love to put some on my XJ.

Forget the emblems and the taillights, fer gosh sakes. Find someone who knows something and tell us how we can get those puppies imported into the yoo ess of ay.

(The vehicles, not the emblems.)

Eagle said:
Forget the emblems and the taillights, fer gosh sakes. Find someone who knows something and tell us how we can get those puppies imported into the yoo ess of ay.

(The vehicles, not the emblems.)

I want one too!

Buy a REALLY big suitcase :D

Fat chance on bringing any car from south of Mexico into the states.... Only if you bring in parts. Its an EPA thing.

I know of several vehicles here in AZ that have come in that way, an isuzu 4 door PU, a zuki, a lotus espri, and a few others

Back