• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chineese liberty pickup

streetpirate

NAXJA Forum User
medium_3269499806_a43493af04_o.jpg

i cant decide if i really like it or really hate it, they should just slap the 2500 front end on and called it a new comanche. i wonder what truck platform is based off

Damn that has to be one of the ugliest trucks I have ever seen...

So....they're now making a trucklet for Barbie's butch sister and/or her best girlfriend Ken?
ahahaha... good one (considering the Liberty was built for the female market you're pretty much dead on)

Personally, I can't stand the Liberty, and I'm really not a fan of this thing either. First gen Libertys were too bubbly for my liking, and the new one is just a dodge nitro (minus the better engine). Give me an MJ any day over this thing.

Last time I was n Mexico I saw a few Chevy Luvs and Ford Couriers that were new production and looked a lot like that. Apparently the different laws in other countries allow for that type of rig or the demand is different in the States.

Yeah, that's pretty much ... wait, what?

I'm sick to my teeth of trucks trying to look "organic" - whatever happened to blocky, so-ugly-they-were-beautiful trucks? Kinda like the MJ? Or the old Power Wagon?

Square it off, throw in a CRD I4 or I6, and give it enough power to get out of its own way (and enough towing capacity to haul two or three of itself behind it.)

It looks like it's grinning at you, and just begging you to slap it until it stops.

to me it looks very girly kinda like a VW bug:dunno:

Hey - the original Bugs were solid cars! I'm still kicking myself for selling mine when I enlisted...

The new ones? Not so much. I still can't get used to front-engine/FWD on a Bug, and what in the Nine Sacred Names does one need a bud vase on the dash for? I can see two problems...

1) It's stupid.
2) Wasn't the VW (Bug and Bus) the "ultimate Hippie vehicle?" On that logic, shouldn't there be a bong on the dash, and not a bud vase?

and what in the Nine Sacred Names does one need a bud vase on the dash for?

Holding a pen and pencil for taking notes with/logging miles per tank?

Hey - the original Bugs were solid cars! I'm still kicking myself for selling mine when I enlisted...

The new ones? Not so much. I still can't get used to front-engine/FWD on a Bug, and what in the Nine Sacred Names does one need a bud vase on the dash for? I can see two problems...

1) It's stupid.

I've always been suprised by that vase too, I figured that the automotive safety rules would've made that impossible to do.

2) Wasn't the VW (Bug and Bus) the "ultimate Hippie vehicle?" On that logic, shouldn't there be a bong on the dash, and not a bud vase?

When I read that I was trolling this forum from my cell phone at a Wendy's, I had one hell of a time not laughing out loud in the middle of the place :roflmao:

Back