• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chinamans Gulch 11-15-08

87xjco

NAXJA Forum User
We ran Chinamans Gulch last weekend, I finally got over the left line with the XJ

Some pics below

I also made some cheesy videos with a parody of the show "Everest Beyond the Limits" as the theme. There's a few near flops shown in the videos

Youtube links

Everest 1 5:36 minutes

Everest 2 7:59

Everest 3 6:15

Episode 4 9:15

Pics from the members

group.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg

PatatRockpile2.jpg

TerryatRockpile3.jpg

IMG_2010.jpg

ShaunatWhaleTailpic2.jpg

EricposingafterWhaleTailinsun.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

ErictryingleftlineatStairsteps.jpg

AllanatStairstepspic4.jpg

419493949_UKU4U-M.jpg

I see someone was running pit bull rockers, any report as to how they performed in relation to the other tires represented?

He was asked about that on another board

His response,

"I got them in July right before hitting up BV carnage. So far I am a little disappointed. The size of these 37" tire measures 35.75" at 30psi. I understand tires being undersized, but this is too much IMO. My 36" bald IROKs are about the same size as the 37" Pitbulls. I have been meaning to take one of the tires off the jeep and sit them next to my barely used IROK spare and take a picture. I could send it to Pitbull to see what they say. They also have trouble holding a bead. They are a beadlock friendly tire. I can't air them down below 12psi. I used to air down the IROKs to 6psi. I have dynabeads and they don't balance out these tires. I used conventional balancing with the IROKs and never had a problem. Traction seems no better or worse then the IROKs. Sometimes they surprise me and sometime they seem to let me down.

They are more expensive then IROKs, but less expensive then BFG Krawlers or Maxxis Creepy Crawlers. I would like to see how they compare to these. I couldn’t buy the BFG or due to rim size.

So far I wouldn’t buy them again. I would check out Maxxis or re-buy IROKs"

Nice pics!! Looks like ya had some fun!!:woohoo:

Terry............

You REALLY need to get back to wrenchin'.......... :D

Hilarious narration - with an almost Vincent Price creepiness......

I guess the Summit Fever got to "Anchorman Terry"? He didn't make the final climb to the summit? I hate a mini-series that leaves ya hanging like that...... :mad:

:D

Thanks, yeah we didn't have footage of my rig in the V, and I guess there really is no summit at Chinamans.

Have to leave it hanging for the big Sequel movie deal though :)

Back