• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee shell trailer build

MaxxXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I've been searching and searching for basically an empty shell for a little while but everyone either had no title or wanted to much for it
Anyway I ended up picking this up, interior stripped motor had a blown head and missing anything that was good. Transfer case gone and transmission isn't shifting correctly. My plans are to lift it 4" and throw on some 33x10.50's under it and paint it the same color as my jeep. I'll also put a mattress up front by the ducts, and place a small AC/heater and 2000 watt generator with a 12v battery to power the lights and power windows. After that idk, I had thought about putting a wall in the hatch area and adding a cooking area or sink or mini fridge or something...

How much the Interior was stripped when I got it

After I got most of it stripped

I paid enough mind to keep the harness intact, just in case I needed it for later

Now that that's done, I'm trying to decide, after I pull the motor and transmission do I leave the chassis there for the tongue and build a bumper for the female side of the hitch or will the tongue be to long or Should I shorten up the tongue as tight as I can but still allow me to jack knife it enough for tight turns on trails?

I would love to see one of these actually completed.

Got the motor pulled and fenders and everything cut off, but I lost my job shortly after I got the project so I put it on the back burner for a little bit

Now then, the tongue weight right now is roughy around 300 lbs according to a bar/bathroom scale measurement so I think I'm going to have to remove the front doors and make more of a teardrop front, I'm thinking of it starting from the top of the rear doors to the floor at the firewall. But I'm not really sure how much weight savings I'll get with that after I enclose it in

Back