• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee returns to the Chrysler lineup........????????

cherokee4fun

NAXJA Forum User
We'll get a better idea of what's in store for the Jeep Liberty on Wednesday.

That's when Chrysler and Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne is set to visit the Toldeo, Ohio, plant that builds the Liberty. Marchionne is expected to lay out plans to replace the Liberty with a new vehicle that uses a midsize Fiat platform named CUSW.

And while Chrysler will replace the Jeep Liberty, it's sister car--the Dodge Nitro--is scheduled to reach the end of the line.

Internet buzz says the new Jeep will wear the Cherokee nameplate. Chrysler isn't saying yes or no on that right now.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20111114/VIDEONEWS/111119933#ixzz1dib4yhxh

Re: Cherokee returns........????????

Please tell me this isn't April 1st...

Imagine a similar style Cherokee as the Beijing one... (nothing to smooth and curvy like the new GC) more options, offroad package and better fuel economy...*drool*

Or is it going to be a revamped Liberty since Liberty is what took over the Cherokee and some places call the Liberty a Cherokee...

http://www.allpar.com/model/upcoming.html

Last edited:
Imagine the latest from Fiat,..

..,wearing a Cherokee badge!

The unit-body hard-core 4WD that you can really off-road is dead and gone.

Here's your Fiat "Jeep"

600x300.jpg

AND? that was a long time ago.

True...but I bet a lot of people said the same things back then.

Renault is a 'euro, foreign, etc.' as many have put it in this thread...but because of that partnership, we got the XJ.

I'm just saying that maybe this Fiat/Jeep partnership may not be so bad. But then again, if they base it off an existing 'car' platform (aka compass/patriot), then I don't know.

The XJ was designed from scratch as a dedicated SUV platform.

The XJ was designed from scratch as a dedicated SUV platform.

exactly.

Until recently every platform Jeep had was unique to the Jeep brand.

THe Chrysler tried badge engineering and failed miserably.

Now Fiat is going to do the same thing and ruin the brand. I predict the only thing left "Jeep" in a few years will be the Wrangler, everything else will be a badge engineered car.

exactly.

Until recently every platform Jeep had was unique to the Jeep brand.

THe Chrysler tried badge engineering and failed miserably.

Now Fiat is going to do the same thing and ruin the brand. I predict the only thing left "Jeep" in a few years will be the Wrangler, everything else will be a badge engineered car.

Nahh they will kill it to with IFS first then IRS! :gonnablow

The announcement today at the Toledo North Assembly plant calls for a new shift and a new SUV to be produced starting in 2013. Details of the SUV to be made have not been made public as far as I know.

Back