• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee Face Lift

that tire carrier is pretty cool did you reinforce the lift gate at all?

that tire carrier is pretty cool did you reinforce the lift gate at all?

No, I drilled holes through the gate, then from the inside I opened up the fiberglass so there was enough space to put some large washers on the back side of each bolt. I'll be honest, I was skeptical about the design at first, buit it has worked flawlessy, been to Moab 3 times, Countless othwer wheeling trips, survived a good jump, and the tire has not moved. no vibration at all. I used leaf spring bushings on the bottom and in the carrier at the top where the pins slide through. Works great. I love how it looks and it's very functional.

Hey man. I was just wondering if you had to buy the fenders to do that conversion. I was planning on doing the same thing to my 96 but I didn't think you needed the fenders.

you know... its weird how many different aqua colors jeep produced... because ive never seen any one with the color like mine... but its stock color cause... well when you remove shit here and there, the original color shows.... anyway.
092509_19251.jpg

My Jeep is a 94, the color is called "Glamour turquoise". Awesome huh. Not sure what they were thinking when they decided on this color, but i'm sure it involved smoking some cigaweed.

And yes, you need to do the newer style fenders or the grille body lines will not match up with the fender.

Back