• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee crawl rules

mattk

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, long time no see! I had a question probably for Kudzu or Woody. There is a member of my local jeep club here in FL who wants to bring his lightly modified wrangler up for a day and wheel with us. Does anyone have a problem with that? Of course they will be properly equiped for the trails they go on. He's been there once before. Figured I'd ask now instead of pissing people off later.
BTW is there going to be an event forum for the crawl?
Thanks,
mattk

Matt No problem...I have a friend with a TJ that will proboly be there also.

I hope to have the info page up within a day or 2

I just have a general question. I just lifted my Jeep so I am pretty new at this and I have never been to Tellico. Do you think I would be able to do many trails with a 4.5 lift and 33's?

I just have a general question. I just lifted my Jeep so I am pretty new at this and I have never been to Tellico. Do you think I would be able to do many trails with a 4.5 lift and 33's?

there are trails at Tellico that just about everyone can run,

though i am sure there will be rig requirements- i.e. tow hooks, recovery gear, ect...

and i am assuming that you are also still on stock axles with stock gears since you said you were new at this... so spare parts would be a good idea.

Yah, axles are still stock. I have a set of 33 bfg at's that I am going to put on soon. I also am putting on a custom front bumper. Other than that, I am stock at the moment. Hopefully I will be able to get a few more parts before the event.

i have 3" lift, open on both ends, and 9.50X30s and i have a great time and go any where i want in tellico, so come on out you will have a great time.

Are there gonna be newby's like myself there? I have ridden some trails around Chattanooga, but never Tellico. I don't want to get left on a trail cause I can't keep up with the "big dogs".

yep...He went up guard rail with us about 2weeks ago...

Yes there is equipment required and wiht that set up you would be in the moderate group

3" and 30's....wait I thought you were at over 4" and 31's now? Ok whats the hub bub....bub?
Oh Hi Mark how how is everything?

Fred, with all my junk in and on the Jeep, now it's only about 3" net, still have the 30's. hope to have 31's before the crawl.

tnxjjeeper, never worry about being left behind, that will never happen!

Kudzu, what was the trail we looked at last and sat?

Last edited:
Lower 2...Where again this year if it does not rain on Sat morning a group will try their luck...

tnxjjeeper said:

I'd recommend getting some armor if you can, i.e, rock rails, t-case skid, diff skids, and gas tank skid. Every time I go out to Tellico I'm glad I have all of those, 'cause I definitely make use of 'em. I've got 6 1/2" or so of lift and 33s. Mine's also a DD though.

BTW, I'm in Chattanooga myself. Maybe we could meet up some time.

thats what i thought, but it is at the top so why is it lower 2?, lee is right armor is very important.

Good t-case & gas-tank skids are about a 'must' up there. Rocker panel armor too-if ya care... Fresh U joints help boost confidence. There will always be some wet spots, but when the place turns 'really wet everywhere,' it ups the trail-ratings and carnage factor a bunch.

That was the bottom of the trail...If we continue up the forest survice road you will come to upper 2...

tnxjjeeper said:
Are there gonna be newby's like myself there? I have ridden some trails around Chattanooga, but never Tellico. I don't want to get left on a trail cause I can't keep up with the "big dogs".

That is not going to happen with this group. I went last year for the first time. Had the 84 running good when I left but once I got up there she started backfiring and kussing me to no end! Was ready to turn back so as not to hold up the group on the first day. But Woody, Ga Mike, and A-mechanic said no way you are here you are going! So Ga Mike and A-mechanic stuck with me while the rest of the group went on at their own pace. I ended up being fine and not breaking on the trail and keeping up with them. These are the best guys to wheel with period! I even watched them help some total strangers on more than one occasion over the weekend repair broken rigs on the trail. A CJ with broken suspension links had to be welded and a big chevy truck that lost it drdivers side steering arm. So you should not worry, unless of course if you get in mine or Woodys rig! LOL! J/K Woody! :laugh2:

Back