• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check your jackstands

nightfoam

NAXJA Forum User
Heard a call on the scanner tonight about a 20 year old guy in Beaverton who hadn't showed up to his work. His friend went looking for him. He had been working on his car last night and the jackstand collapsed dropping the car on top of him. His body was found this evening.

Make sure your stands are solid. Your life is worth the cost of good stands.

Possibly MADE IN CHINA ? I don't like getting under anything heavy even with stands anymore. When I was young I had a car fall on me and luckily only broke a few ribs. I was young dumb and working alone at another persons shop with a gravel floor.

Dave

Yeah and lets not put jack stands on top of cider blocks for the love of god, jack stands are suppose to be on flat concreat floors. If your jack stands are to short new ones only cost 60.00 bucks, your life is worth way more than that. I have a set of 6 ton jacks stands here if any one wants to borrow them, just bring them back, I do take collateral

Yea I went to school with the kid. Its sad to here something like that happening. But also crazy the story made it to NAXJA.
Prayers out to the family.

Back