• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check this out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

klennop

NAXJA Forum User
So I haven't been on here in quite a while because I bought a motorcycle and work has been busy. However I thought I would stop in and look around. I notice that there have been changes to Supporters and Registered Guests.

As you can see I am not a forum supporter....as in contributing money to this site so I could not put this in the off topic forum where it probably belongs.

I guess I understand that it costs money to keep a website running but this is where sponsors come in?

I don't think you should have to pay someone to be part of a group that helps one another out and to make new friends. To me this kind of sounds like a fraternity. Which in my opinion is a big joke, you pay a organization to make friends for you then you call them "brothers" give me a break. You should be able to make friends on your own without paying someone.

As for classifieds. So non-paying members can't post something for sale or for that matter, even post a reply? Well isn't that kind of stupid because what if I would like to buy a part or vehicle from a member....you just prevented a sale. Also what if I have a part or vehicle that one of your paying members is in desperate need of....sorry too bad.

But hey at least you guys got your $17.50 or more.

To me this just seems kind of greedy, now if this was a land rover site or for that matter even a hummer site, I could see this happening.

I guess I was just starting to meet new people, learn new things, and have some fun with my new jeep.

However these new rules leave a greedy taste in my mouth. Maybe I missed why this change was made but I like to know where my money is going and I like to see it on paper.

So how much money is this site generating with all the members and supporters?

How much money has been made since this change, compared to what was made last year?

What happens to the extra money after expenses are paid? Who gets what?

Is there a place where people can ask these questions or this information can be found?

Sorry to ruffle any feathers but after seeing these new rules, I was caught off guard and I thought I would say what is on my mind, However I couldn't post it where it probably should be.

:wave:

klennop said:
I guess I understand that it costs money to keep a website running but this is where sponsors come in?

Yes it costs money, but there are a great number of Volunteers that keep the place in tact. Sponsors do generate some $$$, but so do the memberships.

So non-paying members can't post something for sale or for that matter, even post a reply?

Ever herd of a PM aka Private Message. The Chapter for sale sections are still open to registered users.

NAXJA's treasurer, lobsterdmb, would be the one who would know. Frankly, being just a forum user, this issue doesnt concern you.

How much money has been made since this change, compared to what was made last year?

See above.

Nobody gets anything, it is people volunteering their time.

Is there a place where people can ask these questions or this information can be found?

http://www.naxja.org/forum/announcement.php?f=58&a=53

Ask questions here: http://www.naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Originally Posted by klennop

Yes it costs money, but there are a great number of Volunteers that keep the place in tact. Sponsors do generate some $$$, but so do the memberships.

Volunteers make any organization run. Like I said then show me the numbers of how much things cost versus how much money is coming in. NAXJA is a non profit org and it is legally public information and they need to let you know where it can be found or they are violating the law.

So non-paying members can't post something for sale or for that matter, even post a reply?

Ever herd of a PM aka Private Message. The Chapter for sale sections are still open to registered users.

Yes I have heard of a PM so you want me to PM everyone if I have something for sale?

's treasurer, lobsterdmb, would be the one who would know. Frankly, being just a forum user, this issue doesnt concern you.

This issue does concern everyone on this site. Again, NAXJA is a non profit org and it is legally public information and they need to let you know where it can be found or they are violating the law.

See above.

See my above

Nobody gets anything, it is people volunteering their time.

I waive my B.S. flag that nobody is making any money on all the sponsors and memberships, do you realize how much money that is?

http://www.naxja.org/forum/announcement.php?f=58&a=53

I don't have permission to this page because I didn't pay. So I guess everyone cant see that?

Ask questions here: http://www.naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Nobody would see it here but Admins and people with problems because very rarely is that part of the forum looked over. I think it would fit in off topic because it is my opinion??

Last edited:
1. most of our sponsors donate prizes to raffles for our events and not money.

2. guests are still able to post in the technical forums and get answers to their questions.

3. you are a guest on our forums and have no real say in club business.

4. this is in the wrong place and will be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back