• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cheap source for warn hub conversion

1998xj1985 said:
the last few post were quite helpful. a couple quick q's for any out there:

is there a different between the brake lines for the calipers?
sounds like some styles of brakes will fit in 15 in wheels and others won't. will the late 70's ford brakes fit in 15 in wheels?

The banjo bolt size is almost the same for the calipers, and yes the later 70's style ford fits the 15" wheel..

1998xj1985 said:
the last few post were quite helpful. a couple quick q's for any out there:

is there a different between the brake lines for the calipers?
sounds like some styles of brakes will fit in 15 in wheels and others won't. will the late 70's ford brakes fit in 15 in wheels?

Good question on the lines... I'm not for certain, but when I did brakes last time it didn't seem like the banjos were different. If they *are*, a guy could hook up the Ford to the hard lines..and if THOSE threads are different it's a pretty simple swap to put the right fitting on and double flare the lines.

As for the 15", they will work. :) I'm running 15" wheels on my 79 F150 HP44.

Bringing this one up from the dead sense this (reid) still appears to be pretty much the best way to go...How are you guys matching up your rear bolt pattern to the new bigger pattern on the front? Just a bummer that there isnt a better option for this for the guys like myself that have street queens and just want to be able to unlock the hubs!

Sorry grimm, your right

as far as matching bolt patterns, you could redrill your shafts, run spacers, or switch to an axle that matches.

Real shame nobody makes a dual pattern steel wheel.

If you have a factory D44 in back, Superior's alloy axles come set up with both stock and Ford/Jeep (5 1/2" on 5) wheel patterns......if you were planning an upgrade anyway------Hans

If you have a factory D44 in back, Superior's alloy axles come set up with both stock and Ford/Jeep (5 1/2" on 5) wheel patterns......if you were planning an upgrade anyway------Hans
That's what I was gonna say. I'm running an XJ D44 with alloys and they're double drilled. If/when I do a D44 up front, I'll switch to the 5x5.5 bolt pattern.

Well as a side note I have a conversion kit available that comes dual drilled for both the 5x4.5 and 5x5.5 BUT USES the larger full D44 prem hubs, larger bearings and is bolt on. Only non bolt on area, is that IF you want to run 4.5" pattern wheels you have to open the inner hole up some on the wheel. Its not much and any real machine shop can do it, or Good garage setup. Still its like 950$ though. But thats with hardcore Yukon outer shafts, rotors, calipers, spindles etc...

Bummer. Was really hoping someone would have figured out the "key" to making this a trick/easy thing to do. Figured it would be sometrhing like, "re-drill some ranger spindles and use this rotor" type deal. Oh well, no free spins for me then just yet! Thanks dudes!

BTW, Love the site!

Back