• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheap snorkel ideas?

I built a snorkel. Never used it. I would have to agree that most people add a snorkel because they think it looks cool, not that they would ever use it. There are a small percentage that actually use it, but that's few and far between. I have hydrolocked an engine, but that's because I was dumb and could have avoided the situation to begin with.

I ended up ripping the snorkel off on a tree. I repaired it, and then removed it because, as I stated above, I NEVER USED IT! (I had a huge write up on it, but removed most of the photos to make room for others.) Besides ripping it off on a tree, I figured that at the height that I am at (approx 8 inches of lift on 37's), I would have a whole lot of other problems in that deep of water. I never want to be in that deep of water.

My homemade snorkel will be for sale soon. PM me for more info.

As far as the loss of power goes, I didn't notice any at all and it seems like I have gained a couple mpg as well. I chose to go the cowl route because i only have a 3.5" lift and 31"s. I have been really surprised of the off road capabiliyies from this set up but i wanted the extra protection. I fugured since it was free and unseen, why not do it. I'm not really a fan of the pipe up the side of the a-pillar, I like things to look like they are supposed to be there. By the way, this is on an '87 so some things may be different under the hood of yours, but the same general idea.

Konrad said:
Well, for those who replied with some pretty good ideas- thanks alot, ill definitely try something like it. For the other couple of people who just have nothing better to do but tell me how much the mold is, take the d*** out of you ear and stick it up your ass.
Anyway, thanks again.
The thing I wonder is how the mods let this type of language and attitude slip through unedited. It's totally unwanted and unneeded.

Konrad said:
Well, for those who replied with some pretty good ideas- thanks alot, ill definitely try something like it. For the other couple of people who just have nothing better to do but tell me how much the mold is, take the d*** out of you ear and stick it up your ass.
Anyway, thanks again.
Allah loves you to.

Konrad said:
capt., I pm'ed you - thanks
jeo, just stick to the thread...
tell that to the people using vulgarities on a tech forum.

if you want real cheap 4" abs 90 degree bend 4' of 4" abs tubing a couple of rivets and some silicone just cut the hole in your hood and go red neck:D tell your cousin the babies mine:D

Back