• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheap Lifts

terryd said:
I'm working for max flex w/ 3" lift. I like the flexy! here's my specs to date:
3" tera-flex coils $90 via forum
working on a new bastard pack after I wasted my 3 leaf pack. I realized that flexy<durability so new packs with poly bushings and S-10 main/add-a-leaf $70 forum
JKS adjustable trac bar $230 Kevin's offroad
K1500 front brake hoses $30 AutoZone
Ram 1500 rear brake hose $30 Advance Auto
RE 1.25 rear shackle $75 via forum
Daystar extended front bump stops $30 knowwheretojeep.com
removed rear swaybar
carry 18mm/15mm wrenches for front links
trimmed lower valence off front bumper
getting ready to measure for shocks/build rear bumpstop plates.

as of now I've got $555+ in it.... there is no cheap if you want to survive it. I've built mine over a year's time (put ZJ coils in it in Feb of last year, now I'm up to 3") getting ready to drop $70 a shock for bilstein's 5100's
DSCN1149JPGplatesmuge.jpg

DSCN1151JPGplatesmudge.jpg

DSCN1154JPGplatesmudge.jpg

i would complete the lift with RE super flex lower control arms.

I'm looking for a matching upper/lower set. RE is top of the list, followed by TF's set. still considering building my own with the RE joints and poly bushings and haven't counted out building a long arm setup for it.... its not that hard afterall....

lowrange2 said:
I'm pretty sure I'm gunna replace my bushings with super flex on my short arms... maybe it'll flex better than rubber all the way around.

they most definitly allow for twisting at the end of the arm rather than tearing apart a rubber bushing.

lowrange2 said:
Yeah thats how I have it figured too! lol

i have both upper and lower RE controls arms with 4.5" lift and dont see how people get away with stock arms, not saying you have stock arms and dont want to hijack this thread, but good control arms is money well spent on any lifted xj.

89xj said:
i have both upper and lower RE controls arms with 4.5" lift and dont see how people get away with stock arms, not saying you have stock arms and dont want to hijack this thread, but good control arms is money well spent on any lifted xj.

I have Rustys fixed short arms. Rubber at both ends. If anything I'll chop the ends off those and stick weld-in bungs and adjustable RE Joints. Hell, it might be cheaper to just buy some adjustable RE arms.

terryd said:
I'm looking for a matching upper/lower set. RE is top of the list, followed by TF's set. still considering building my own with the RE joints and poly bushings and haven't counted out building a long arm setup for it.... its not that hard afterall....
Stay away from TF and also poly!

lowrange2 said:
I have Rustys fixed short arms. Rubber at both ends. If anything I'll chop the ends off those and stick weld-in bungs and adjustable RE Joints. Hell, it might be cheaper to just buy some adjustable RE arms.

all i know is that you wont be dissapointed with RE control arms.

terryd said:
if I may ask, what's the reason? We used poly bushings in the radius arms of my friends Ford and they are doing very well. and what's wrong with TF?
Poly in a Ford is totally different(because of the mounting).And I dont even want to start the TF thing again(use the search feature)!

Back